FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Round-Trip Resolve to Premiere for Multicam Editing in Premiere.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Ojeda
How to Round-Trip Resolve to Premiere for Multicam Editing in Premiere.
on Apr 3, 2014 at 10:44:25 pm

Hi,

I have media from two cameras: Canon XF300 and Black Magic Production 4K (shot in HD). Its an 8 minute interview show from two different camera angles.

Which will be the best way to Round trip from Resolve-Premiere if I'll be using Premiere's multicam sequence option?

I will need to color grade and blur the background in resolve with a mask, and as I mention, multicam edit in Premiere's multicam mode. (I'm not sure if there's a multicam mode in Resolve, I bought Alexis' Resolve Ripple Training, and if there is, I haven't gotten to a Multicam editing lesson).

Also, a light bulb in the conference room I was shooting produces this tiny white dot reflection in the person's eye glasses, not such big deal, but if anyone know how to remove it or diminish it it would be great! The tiny dot moves when the person, who is sitting, moves his head a bit.

Many thanks for your time and help. It would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Alex Ojeda
http://www.alexojeda.com

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
Re: How to Round-Trip Resolve to Premiere for Multicam Editing in Premiere.
on Apr 5, 2014 at 1:27:58 am
Last Edited By Robert Ruffo on Apr 5, 2014 at 1:29:30 am

Look into "flatten multicam" then export XML from Premiere.

there is no multicam per say in Resolve, just "normal" editing.

Return to posts index

Alex Ojeda
Re: How to Round-Trip Resolve to Premiere for Multicam Editing in Premiere.
on Apr 5, 2014 at 10:05:05 pm

Many thanks, Robert. I will look into it.

Is there any functional difference that I should be aware of by starting in Resolve, and exporting XML into Premiere, and so. Or viceversa, starting in Premiere and round trip to Resolve and back?

I have two tracks from 2 cameras of a person sitting during an interview, so I basically need only to grade those to tracks, so Im thinking it might be better to start in Resolve, export to Premiere, and from Premiere to AE, and done. Im guessing it might be better to start in Premiere if I had many clips with different grades and secondary adjustments, and It would be better to edit first than round trip, right? Or am I missing something else?

Many thanks

Alex Ojeda
http://www.alexojeda.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]