FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Artist Color issue with Davinci Resolve and Avid 3.1.2 drivers for Mavericks

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gorazd Koncar
Avid Artist Color issue with Davinci Resolve and Avid 3.1.2 drivers for Mavericks
on Mar 27, 2014 at 10:31:48 pm

Hi,

When shall Avid support the Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 10 with the Artist Color interface
under Maverick OSX? The version 3.12 of the software does not support the application...

The only version which works which Davinci Resolve 9, 10 and up under Mavericks
is Avid version 2.7.1 but only when yoo uninstall the Avid version 3.1.2 of the software!
If you install version 2.7.1 over 3.1.2 without first unistalling it then the Artist Color does not
work with the Davinici Resolve. Only the Avid Artist Control interface works.

Please know that version 2.7.1 supports all versions of Blackmagic Davinci Resolve applications
for the Avid Color interface but it is not approved for Mavericks!

Please know that version 3.1.2 works wonderful with the Davinci Resolve 10 and up but only with
Artist Control interface which I have custom programed all the shortcuts of the software!
But the Artist Color interface is not supported so I can not use the balls for color grading!

Under 2.7.1 I can use both interfaces at once : Artist Color and Artist Control with the Davinci Resolve application but it is not approved for Mavericks! How much more time Avid needs to make the new software which shall support the Davinci Resolve 10 and up application and it is approved under Mavericks?

Best regards,

Gorazd.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: Avid Artist Color issue with Davinci Resolve and Avid 3.1.2 drivers for Mavericks
on Mar 28, 2014 at 4:49:11 am

Wait, what?
Are you saying, that you can use Artist Color and Control at the same time with Resolve?

Return to posts index

Gorazd Koncar
Re: Avid Artist Color issue with Davinci Resolve and Avid 3.1.2 drivers for Mavericks
on Mar 28, 2014 at 11:31:10 am

Hi,

You can use both at the same time under Avid 2.7.1 drivers. The Artist Control is specially useful
when programed with all grade banks up to Z, with saving to banks or loading from banks,
with all sorts of dynamic and static key framing, and automatic nodes creation from serial , parallel,
layer, serial + CPW, ++++. please know that yoo can program it for every function of the Davinci Resolve application! For example when yoo are doing power windows, vignettes and etc... yoo can have beside also gamma and luma tools and not as it is on Artist Color when you do softening on the vignette
you must again scroll through pages for example some luma manipulation and then again scrolling for
pan or tilt or zoom of the vignette... what a waist of time. With the Artist Control you can really fly!!!

With touch of the on screen button yoo can go to the page with all sort of geometery manipulation, softness of the inside outside power windows in the nodes in instant and beside also key framing buttons and for example luma and gamma tools without any scrolling and yoo can be much much faster!!!

And with the Artist Color yoo shall use then only for the balls and whells!
Both interfaces are really amazing except of the lack of AVID not supporting
Davinci Resolve with the Artist Color under 3.1.2 driver.

I hope that this shall change soon and that Davinci shall be supported again!

Best regards,

Gorazd.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Mar 28, 2014 at 7:01:31 pm

It all sounds very interesting. But the problem is the Control panel not officially supported by Resolve. So, as you personally had witnessed, without any warning Control panel may become just a pretty accessory. Personally, I prefer to use the iPad control. It is fully customizable and it is free.
I hope your issue will get resolved soon.
Good luckā€¦

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]