FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tool to search for black frames?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Neumann
Tool to search for black frames?
on Mar 24, 2014 at 2:13:57 pm

Hey there,

my Resolve outputs black frames from time to time into my exported DNxHD files. Is there a way, a plugin maybe, that I can have premiere run through the file and alert me if there is a black frame?

Any help appreciated!

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
Re: Tool to search for black frames?
on Mar 24, 2014 at 5:19:01 pm

Not sure if it works with DNxHD, but I', pretty sure Digital Rebellion has an app in one of it's bundles that does something to that effect.

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow
http://vimeo.com/ebjohnson/colorreel

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
on Mar 24, 2014 at 7:00:27 pm

Yes, it's called Video Check and it's in Pro Media Tools:
http://www.digitalrebellion.com/promedia

But it uses AV Foundation so no third-party codecs I'm afraid.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metdata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...

Return to posts index

Michael Neumann
on Mar 24, 2014 at 9:41:48 pm

I tried "Video Check" and it worked well with an .mp4 and detected a flashing frame. The same file converted to DNxHD 4:4:4 (my main format) didn't show up with any negative results although I could clearly see the flashing frame when scrubbing through the footage.

Also I would like the program to check about 500 files for export failures, which Video Check is not capable of (no batch).

Any other ideas?

I thought about running all the files through scene detection, which should work nicely but is also a lot of work.

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
on Mar 24, 2014 at 10:30:39 pm

As I mentioned, it doesn't support DNxHD.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metdata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]