FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please tell us which Cuda and NVidia driver versions we need for Mac Pro 2012 and Resolve 10.1.3 not to crash instantly

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ruffo
Please tell us which Cuda and NVidia driver versions we need for Mac Pro 2012 and Resolve 10.1.3 not to crash instantly
on Mar 21, 2014 at 7:53:02 am
Last Edited By Robert Ruffo on Mar 21, 2014 at 7:56:55 am

And….

Do we need Mavericks?

Does it not work with certain cards? Must the secondary card be used as GUI and not the compute card for it to work at all?

I am wondering why my Resolve crashes instantly now - worked fine before - as soon as I even point to a folder that has any Red clips in it in the media browser.

Return to posts index

Andrew Shtern
Re: Please tell us which Cuda and NVidia driver versions we need for Mac Pro 2012 and Resolve 10.1.3 not to crash instantly
on Mar 21, 2014 at 8:18:33 am

I'm on Mac Pro 2012, running OS X 10.9.2 with CUDA 5.5.47 and GPU Driver 8.24.9
Having no problems with Resolve 10.1.3 and Quadro 4000/Radeon HD 5770

Andrew Shtern
Editor/Colorist
The Coffeepost @Kiev, UA

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Please tell us which Cuda and NVidia driver versions we need for Mac Pro 2012 and Resolve 10.1.3 not to crash instantly
on Mar 23, 2014 at 8:02:11 pm

Same issue here. I keep getting told to update CUDA but then no update is available after clicking on the install button. Also, came across something about saying you should not install this update with an ATI card. Apparently this has caused applications to behave erratically or crash without warning. I tried running Resolve without doing the update but ran into error messages.

Return to posts index

Toby Risk
on Mar 21, 2014 at 8:47:48 am

Hi
We had a serious issue two weeks ago on both Mac resolve system and a windows resolve system, the Mac couldn't give us 2K playback and the Windows system BSOD on starting Resolve.
This happened with various Nvidia drivers and both Resolve 10.1.1 and 10.1.2 Both had a quadro 4000 along with a GTX card (Windows a GTX Titan and Mac a GTX 670). After five days of pain. I finally uninstalled the Desktop Video version 10.0 and reverted back to a previous version, (9.8.x on win and 9.9.3 on mac).

Both systems are now working fine.

Colourist | Editor | Post-Production Consultant -- 23 years at the post-production coalface, and still loving it.

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Mar 22, 2014 at 9:29:58 pm

Thanks Toby! Tried that, it failed unfortunately.

they really should tell us, with every release which version of:

- Cuda
- Nvidia Firmware
- Blackmagic desktop video

is needed.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Mar 22, 2014 at 11:06:40 pm

What part of Minimum system requirements under the Important information don't you understand?

• Mac OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
• 12 GB of system memory is recommended and 8 GB is the minimum supported
• Blackmagic Design Desktop Video version 9.7.7 or later
• CUDA Driver version 5.5.25
• NVIDIA Driver version – As required by your GPU
• RED Rocket-X Driver 2.1.5 and Firmware 1.3.0.4 or later
• RED Rocket Driver 1.4.36 and Firmware 1.1.17.3 or later

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Mar 24, 2014 at 5:57:25 pm
Last Edited By Robert Ruffo on Mar 24, 2014 at 6:03:53 pm

Jake, those minimums are not the latest versions, which Adobe CC requires, so we don't know if higher versions will fail, or have even been tested. There are mixed reports on this.

'And "as required by GPU" is not very exact information.

You don't always have to be so curt and unpleasant, me thinks. Yet again your post shows that you think feel everyone but you is an idiot, as is everyone who does not do things exactly the way you do. Although looking at your work I'd venture that you are indeed smarter than most people, sometimes other people can be smart too. Just saying...

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Mar 26, 2014 at 7:54:50 pm
Last Edited By jake blackstone on Mar 26, 2014 at 7:57:41 pm

Instead of wasting my time, I'd like to direct you to a response you got from another user on Reduser. He said it much better, than I ever could:
ahhh yee . . . that Ruffo dickish flare always shines through
Maybe the upcoming "Rob Ruffo Series III" user account will be opinionated without the personal jabs in every paragraph.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?114186-DaVinci-Resolve-10-1-3&p...
And of coarse, who could ever forget this post by the same user?
"Rob Ruffo New" in a past life ;-)

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Mar 29, 2014 at 9:01:33 pm

You're the one one who used terms like "What part of "" is hard for you to understand"?

This is the exasperated tone one uses on idiots - so all I said was, looking at your work you are indeed smarter than most people (do you realize this is a very big compliment?) , but that no, Im not an idiot, so please don;t speak me that way, and that there was some ambiguity in the document you refer to.

And then this is your reaction.

I have nothing against you personally Jake, apart from the frequently condescending tone you use with me and others users here and on other forums, and I continue to have the utmost respect for your beautiful color work.

If you have something against me that's your personal choice. Some people like me some don't, that's life.

As far as Reduser goes anyone there who does not say "Go JIM!!!! I AGREE!!! AWESOME!!!!" at every turn gets blasted there, or banned or whatever, and that is well known, so copying and pasting an angry post from there doesn't mean much.

(BTW it is from a guy who posted nude pics of a woman he shot and then very disrespectfully said "What about them awesome boobies?" which I responded I found offensive and childish as a comment, and disrespectful to the woman who trusted him in that shoot - that's really why he's mad - because I - I do believe correctly - called him out as a low-class jerk with no respect for women). Respect for women is a hot-button issue for me.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Apr 2, 2014 at 6:45:17 am

There are many passionate people at Reduser, no doubt about it. Most of the time I just ignore the partisan and red-obsessed. But it is impossible to avoid your endless freudian attempts in trying to figure out what makes me tick. As you probably remember, for a while I even stopped posting there altogether as a direct response to your angry posts. But then I thought, screw Robert. Other people actually appreciate my help and why shouldn't I be able to help them, just because Robert is being a jerk? You are an angry and vicious man without manners. I have zero interest in interaction with you. So, please try to avoid my posts in the future and then will get along just fine…

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Apr 4, 2014 at 6:54:12 am

I'm not angry nor vicious to you - have never been - I think you are reading things into my posts not at all intended. Have no idea what you mean about Freudian. Honestly Jake, let's just make peace.

I for one have learned a lot from your posts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]