FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve changing shortcuts

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jake blackstone
Resolve changing shortcuts
on Mar 19, 2014 at 6:59:51 am
Last Edited By jake blackstone on Mar 19, 2014 at 7:03:33 am

So, here is the weird problem I had been dealing with for a while.
By simply changing the project Resolve completely changing or missing some shortcuts.
For example take a look at shortcuts for "Add version" on both screenshots.
Or missing Lightbox shortcut or "apply grade from one prior" or "apply grade from two prior"shortcut etc.
Screenshots are included. There are more, but I posted only a couple of screenshots.
So my question, does anyone else seeing it or it's just limited to my system.
OS 10.8.5
Resolve 10.1.2

Return to posts index

brandon thomas
Re: Resolve changing shortcuts
on Mar 19, 2014 at 5:02:51 pm

I've seen this once or twice. Restarting Resolve brought things back to normal.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Mar 19, 2014 at 6:24:11 pm

It happens all the time, completely random. Restating Resolve doesn't change this behavior.

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
Re: solve changing shortcuts
on Mar 19, 2014 at 9:11:32 pm

Any chance your projects have different NLE setups?

I don't remember where it is in settings (conform? Editing?), but the one that "matches" hotkeys to match Avid, FCP and resolve 9/10...

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow
http://vimeo.com/ebjohnson/colorreel

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Mar 20, 2014 at 4:40:50 pm
Last Edited By Dwaine Maggart on Mar 20, 2014 at 5:11:25 pm

I see this has already been discovered on the Lift Gamma Gain forum, http://www.liftgammagain.com/forum/index.php?threads/resolve-changes-shortc...

But I'll leave this here, in case someone looks here first.

Original Post:

It would seem that the Project Settings / Editing / Keyboard selection is different for your posted scenarios.

In the top 2 images, regarding Add Version changes, if you have "DaVinci Resolve 10" selected, you get CMD Y. If you select Adobe, Apple or Avid, you get Option Shift A.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Mar 20, 2014 at 5:22:33 pm

Yes, thank you Dwaine.
And here are my thoughts from that conversation as well, in case people missed it.

1. Shortcuts choice is strictly a choice in order to utilize an existing edit software shortcuts, like FCPX or Premiere. In those editing packages there are no shortcuts for something like "Lightbox" or "Add version", because they don't exist. So, changing shortcuts to FCPX or Premiere should have no effect on any shortcuts not edit related. And under no circumstances should shortcuts just disappear, like it happens with with Lightbox, "Add version" or many others.
2. Opening old projects shouldn't be the reason for Resolve to go to the old shortcuts as is the opening someone else's projects on your system. Your choice should ALWAYS prevail, regardless of which project you open. Otherwise that's not even a choice but a force.
I completely agree, that shortcuts should be moved to the Preference section. I can't imagine anyone would NEED to change shortcut selection on per project basis.
Anyway, this "non bug" took way too much of my time and as I said earlier, i'm just going to file it under another weird BMD creative decision and learn to live with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]