FORUMS: list search recent posts

Windows Resolve build Asus X79-DELUXE as a replacement for the P9x79

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Davis
Windows Resolve build Asus X79-DELUXE as a replacement for the P9x79
on Mar 13, 2014 at 1:08:17 am

I've been waiting to build a windows 7 resolve machine and I just pulled the trigger on most of the parts, I ran into an issue because it seems that one can no longer purchase the Black magic certified ASUS p9x79 mother board.
I found what to my untrained eyes appears to be a suitable replacement for that board, which appears to be the x79 deluxe
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X79DELUXE/

I've read all the treads about people being burned by the p9x79 WS boards so I'm trying to avoid that board.
Basically I want to be able to do this

nVidia Quadro k4000 for GUI
nVidia GeForce GTX 770 4gb for GPU
Decklink Mini monitor or Decklink SDI for grading monitor output

I've looked at all the ASUS descriptions and user manuals for the X79 Deluxe and it appears identical to the p9x79 pro.

But I frankly don't know enough to deciper if I'll have PCIe lane constraint issues.

John Pilgrim seem to know a lot about this maybe he can chime in and help a novice get sorted here.

I'm doing primarily HD, 2.5k and some compressed 4k. I trans-code everything to cineform, so this machine with the gtx770 gpu should be more than enough. If anyone has suggestions for a better performing 4gb Nvidia GPU. those recommendations are welcome too

Thanks in advance
-Sean Davis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]