FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to do a node change to multiple clips at once?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reuben Fink
Possible to do a node change to multiple clips at once?
on Mar 8, 2014 at 4:46:44 pm
Last Edited By Reuben Fink on Mar 8, 2014 at 5:01:36 pm

I'm coming from Apple Color mentality which had a primary out room that could be applied to multiple clips and also be removed from multiple clips at the same time. Is this action doable in Davinci? Right now I understand how to append a node to multiple shots and how to do a timeline/track global grade but is there a way to remove a node from multiple shots all at once? Say I append a Desat to 5 clips then I decide later that I need to change the saturation level on all 5 clips is there a way to do that change together?

OSX 10.8.5
Equipment: 2.8 ghz 8 core Intal Mac Pro 3,1 Early 2008, 20 gig of ram
Apps: Adobe CC , FCP Suite, Avid Media Composer, Davinci 10 Lite

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
Re: Possible to do a node change to multiple clips at once?
on Mar 9, 2014 at 7:46:03 am

you can link them together, and put them into the same group, in the manual pg 652 describes how you can use it, and also how can use different ripple modes.

Return to posts index

Reuben Fink
on Mar 31, 2014 at 5:45:40 pm

The problem that I see with the ripple mode is that you have to have all relevant clips in the same group. As soon as you do that you have to have the identical amount of nodes on each clip. This won't work for me since all the clips that I'm working with have different nodes. Really I just want to ripple the effects of just a single appended node. Say for example a vignette. It does look like you might be able to do this but you have to have the control surface to have that functionality. Unless you know otherwise.

Page 649 states:

5. (Optional) You can control whether the rippled change is applied in an appended node, or an
existing node, in every rippled clip.

But this is really only under the Control Surface Section from what I can see.

On another note, I did figure out a workaround for appending a new node to multiple clips. If I need to append a vignette to 5 clips I create a single node CC with the vignette only and no other CC, then grab the still for that clip. After which I select the 5 clips, right click on the still and select "Append node tree." This seems to work well.

OSX 10.8.5
Equipment: 2.8 ghz 8 core Intal Mac Pro 3,1 Early 2008, 20 gig of ram
Aps: Adobe CC , FCP Suite, Avid Media Composer

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Mar 9, 2014 at 9:34:14 am

[Reuben Fink] "Say I append a Desat to 5 clips then I decide later that I need to change the saturation level on all 5 clips is there a way to do that change together?"
I think you have to change your working philosophy and come up with another, simpler way to accomplish the same thing. In the real world, I've never needed to do this. If I did, I'd do it in track mode and manually drop in one node and mark the in and out keyframes. There's a lot of reasons I don't like ripple mode in general, but the lack of undo and the complexity with different scenes that have vastly different node setups is the biggest one.

If you want to append a new node to the end of every scene, and then change that node, the procedure is detailed on page 650 and 651. I've only done ripples with the full panels, and am honestly not sure how to do it without them. But the workaround I described would do something similar (and is undoable).

Return to posts index

Eli Bierwag
on Mar 19, 2014 at 3:25:56 pm

You could also create a new video track, move all clips you desire to share the same correction to this new track, and then apply a track correction to just that track.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]