COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Winter
audio mixer problems
on Mar 4, 2014 at 11:15:35 pm

dear all,

i asked this before, and i dare to ask again:
how can i bring in 6 discrete audio channels into the timeline and actually
render them out without mixing some tracks together!!!!

i know there is the audio mixer, but there i can't find a way to directly map each
audio channel seperately! i wanna use davinci for creating dci masters including the
audio!

anyone managed this succesfully?

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
Re: audio mixer problems
on Mar 4, 2014 at 11:29:29 pm

is this the common way?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Mar 5, 2014 at 5:36:12 am

Looks right to me. But I generally employ an editor to marry the picture and tracks and verify sync before sending the final files out.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Mar 5, 2014 at 6:15:21 pm

If the editors steal our grading jobs, its just fair and fine to steal the mastering ;)
Good going Marc !

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.1.0.021
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Mar 5, 2014 at 6:21:09 pm

absolutely :)

and yes, i did a test. that's the way the 6 channels remain the same in the output.

halleluja, now i can sync the sound files in davinci and bring em into my dcp-suite without
headache syncwise. before it was a lot of hassle if i got the audiotracks NOT in the exact same length
or with a starting beep or...

now i can edit them in, check them syncwise and bake them into my final CC render.

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Apr 2, 2014 at 5:43:50 am

Yes, BMD, if you are listening please count this as a feature request...

THIS IS NOT A GOOD WAY TO IMPLEMENT THIS.

If you have 5 discreet tracks, and want to simply leave then discreet with a 1>1 mapping, it shouldn't be necessary to do anything with Panning.

Its counterintuitive.

As more people start using resolve to make DCPs with the easy DCP plugin this will burn more and more people.

My 2 cents.

best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

David Block
on Sep 26, 2014 at 1:41:12 am

I've recently been working with this and learned the hard way that the mapping the way you've shown, and believed it was correct may not be what you think. Let me explain. Everything you did is what I did too. I had 10 channels. I found out that when they sported they became interleaved not discreet. I only found this out by seeing it in a Prores file. If you monitor your render on the media page it will look correct. I thought I was golden. It wasn't till an external QC that it came to my attention. Can Resolve do a render with Discreet channels? Is it something I'm doing? I only did this with Prores. Didn 't test with other files.

David Block

Return to posts index

max slomoff
on Sep 26, 2014 at 4:45:50 pm

would this set up not work?

i'm attempting to make a multichannel quicktime with 4 mono tracks in it-i have the audio routed like that in the mixer~ but no matter my audio export options i get channel 1 and 2 coming through while channel 3 and 4 are coming through with no audio although they are present tracks in a 4 channel prores file... any ideas on how i can achieve that?

Return to posts index

Griffith Davies
on Feb 9, 2015 at 7:41:50 pm

Having a similar issue. When I try to output a 6+2 to ProRes as 8 separate mono tracks, it outputs a file that is tagged as a 7.1 mix - not 8 individual channels. I end up having to import the file into FCP7, pan everything again, and re-export. A waste of time, when DaVinci Resolve should be able to do it the first time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]