FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow playback

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Glucksman
Slow playback
on Mar 2, 2014 at 4:41:14 am
Last Edited By Jesse Glucksman on Mar 2, 2014 at 4:41:56 am

I don't know what to do about this. Out of nowhere today, there is a major, untenable lag between the drives I'm using and Resolve. If I click on a different shot, it takes a couple seconds to switch. If I change shots several times, several seconds later everything I did runs through quickly. Playback goes at about 1fps and generally stalls out, when normally I'd reliably get 15-20fps. The thumbnails on the timeline don't update.
Nothing has changed. It started acting this way this afternoon. I just installed 10.1.2 and the issue persists.

The film I'm doing is on three 4 gig G-Raids which have never caused any issue until today.

The only difference is that on the thumbnails on my color page there is now a percentage number above the shot count. I don't know where that came from or how to make it go away.

I'm running 10.1.2 on my MacPro 5,1 with 32gb RAM and a GTX 780 for shared GPU/GUI. The project is a feature shot on the Sony F55 and I'm grading the MXFs directly.

I have a client session in the morning. This SUCKS.

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
Re: Slow playback
on Mar 2, 2014 at 4:55:30 am

Freaking Render Cache! I don't know what I did to turn it on. Some keystroke my clumsy-assed fingers hit by accident. I looked up the percentage numbers I mentioned in the users manual and figured out where to turn the cache off. Problem solved.

With appreciation to any of the brilliant folks here who would've figured out what I needed to do if I hadn't managed to do so first.

If only I could figure out how to delete this thread...

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Mar 2, 2014 at 5:26:44 am

I was about to say, "what are the Render Cache settings?" but you beat me to it.

I've also seen performance hits if the shots are not all coming from the same place, preferably the same folder on the same drive.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Mar 5, 2014 at 6:13:40 pm

Like my favourite show stopper AUTO SAVE , the render cache should just not be processing when playing back.
I think i could program a routine that checks for that in "basic" ;)

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.1.0.021
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]