FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve vs. ACR - why so much more latitude in ACR?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Frey
Resolve vs. ACR - why so much more latitude in ACR?
on Feb 28, 2014 at 6:01:19 am

I am working with CinemaDNG files from the Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera. A couple of them have blown out highlights which I am not able to recover in Resolve (v10 lite), but when opening the sequence in Adobe Camera Raw, I am very easily able to recover the clipped values with MUCH headroom to spare.

In Resolve, it seems like my footage is acting very not-raw-like and behaving more like other formats which have "baked in" values and very little latitude. Is there a setting or something I am missing? Is Resolve interpreting the footage incorrectly?

http://www.tyfrey.com
Documentary-Sports-Culture

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve vs. ACR - why so much more latitude in ACR?
on Feb 28, 2014 at 8:34:18 am

Are you using a LUT? If so, which one? That could have a huge result on the amount of available range for correction.

Return to posts index

Ty Frey
on Mar 2, 2014 at 1:41:01 am

No LUT applied.

http://www.tyfrey.com
Documentary-Sports-Culture

Return to posts index

Christian Betong
on Feb 28, 2014 at 10:34:03 am

I'm guessing the camera raw settings is setup to give you a rec709 gamma and colour space

I havent worked with the Black Magic range of cameras much, but I think you can change the camera raw settings for cinemadng files globally with settings->camera raw and per clip under the camera button down on the left in the color room.

I think you will be able to choose a more "raw" setting for you to have all the headroom that is available.

Christian Berg-Nielsen
Sement&Betong
postproduction
Norway

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]