FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve lite 10 cant get render in 29.97

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Richert
Resolve lite 10 cant get render in 29.97
on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:38:24 pm

Hi All,
Thank you in advance. I am struggling here. I can't seem to get Resolve to render in 29.97

Here's the background
Project shot on the Canon60d in 29.97. transcoded to ProRes422HQ. cut in FCP 7. I exported the cut into XML v5.

Now on my final try - before importing the XML to Resolve I created a new project changed the timeline and playback frame rates to 29.97.
Saved project. Quit Resolve.
Reopened Resolve.
Imported XML and let it create a timeline it said was at 29.97

In deliver - my option for frame rate was greyed out - again at 29.97.

But no such delivery. Everything was oddly too long - with handles of varying sizes (between 2 and 7 frames added on either end) And I mean added - not just 29.97 stretched to 23.98 but frames that were not in the cut. More importantly - this was all exported at 23.98...

Cut them all back by hand to match and was sad to learn that this wasn't uniform, usually a 5-7 frame head and a 2 to 3 frame tail.

Am I doing something wrong here? My sequence in Final Cut is at 29.97... I always as a rule just drag the desired clip into FCP to let it determine the correct frame rate and accept. In this case though I checked of course and yes.. 29.97 is the current format.

Any help would be so appreciated. It's fixed now for this job but I have 2 more cut versions to deliver this week with the same settings.

thank you in advance!!

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: Resolve lite 10 cant get render in 29.97
on Feb 27, 2014 at 4:26:33 am

You ended to render 59.94i

Return to posts index

Rob Richert
Re: Resolve lite 10 cant get render in 29.97
on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:36:46 am

Hi Jake,
thanks for trying to reply. I don't understand what you are saying? My render resulted in 23.976p footage. havent been dealing with any interlaced footage either on the way to or from davinci. still would love to know an answer if any brave soul out there has some ideas or if Jake you could elaborate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]