FORUMS: list search recent posts

most reliable way to screen without dropping frames - FCP / PREMIER / RESOLVE / BMD MEDIA EXPRESS?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
most reliable way to screen without dropping frames - FCP / PREMIER / RESOLVE / BMD MEDIA EXPRESS?
on Feb 20, 2014 at 2:05:15 am

What do people find is the most reliable way to screen (2 hour features) without dropping any frames etc.

My go to method for a long time has been to render Prores4444 out and screen from FCP 7.
However the latest version of the Decklink drivers and FCP 7 seem to not love each other and there are audio pops (this is documented by other users.

It seems like its time to be seeking alternate solutions to FCP7 anyway. So what do people find is the best more reliable screening method?
Thanks in advance!
best-
Nat

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: most reliable way to screen without dropping frames - FCP / PREMIER / RESOLVE / BMD MEDIA EXPRESS?
on Feb 20, 2014 at 9:47:26 am

VLC, Scratch and Media Express if you need sound sync.

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.1.0.021
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
Re: most reliable way to screen without dropping frames - FCP / PREMIER / RESOLVE / BMD MEDIA EXPRESS?
on Feb 20, 2014 at 8:02:47 pm

I should have mentioned that I need SDI output, so VLC is a no go. I've had issues with sound drifting in Scratch, but maybe thats a non issue anymore.

Is your experience that Scratch is more reliable for playback than resolve?

BMD Media express seems fine, but a bit of a pain since I can't edit reels together in it.

Thanks folks!
-N

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
on Feb 20, 2014 at 12:27:48 pm

Prores422HQ, or Prores444, and Media Express.

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Feb 21, 2014 at 8:46:20 pm

why don't you use resolve? i have no issues
doing it that way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]