FORUMS: list search recent posts

GTX Titan Black

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clark Bierbaum
GTX Titan Black
on Feb 18, 2014 at 4:41:29 pm

It's out and I should have one in a couple of days. Will report benchmarks ASAP.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-titan-black

Clark Bierbaum
Color Grading / Post Consultant
GarnetColor.com
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

adrian califf
Re: GTX Titan Black
on Feb 25, 2014 at 4:07:43 pm

Looking forward to seeing the benchmarks you
get, its a lotta card for the money!.

Return to posts index

Clark Bierbaum
on Feb 25, 2014 at 6:07:13 pm

Gotta wait til 10.9.2. Glad I got the EVGA one the first day as they were sold out in a day!

Clark Bierbaum
GarnetColor.com
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

Michael Cinquin
on Feb 26, 2014 at 11:53:49 am

No luck on Mountain Lion 10.8.5 ? I thought this version supported the GTX 780, GTX Titan, and Gtx Ti, so I assumed it would support also the Gtx Titan Black ?

Michael Cinquin

Charbon Studio, film finishing and DCP mastering
Post-production tools

Return to posts index

Cyra Emery
on Feb 27, 2014 at 10:07:59 pm
Last Edited By Cyra Emery on Feb 27, 2014 at 11:07:58 pm

I thought all of the Rev. B cards are not supported in 10.8.5? Only in 10.9 with the leaked Nvidia drivers, or (I assume) 10.9.2.

Return to posts index

Clark Bierbaum
on Feb 27, 2014 at 11:06:22 pm

10.9.2 and nvidia driver b15. This gives you desktop and non-cuda functionality as of 27 Feb. 2014. Follow this thread: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,8369.0.html for details. Doubt anything below 10.9.2 will be supported for 110b cards, titan black, etc. Not easy but will be faster than the nMP for a lot less if you have cMP, 4.1 or 5.1.

I wish nvidia would realize the market they have with us, saw somewhere ti black is not for gamers and they know this but a crossover professional card. If I find a Mac product manager contact, I will post it and we can let him know we have cash and want to spend it. Peter, do you know who to talk to at nvidia? Looked at nMP and compared the render results and started going the upgrade route, still a year left on my 5.1 AppleCare, I would rather buy a card and save $6k or $7k.

Clark Bierbaum
GarnetColor.com
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

David Weissman
on Apr 14, 2014 at 3:38:32 pm

Just got back from NAB. The Resolve tech team is saying don't upgrade to Mavericks yet. Is anyone out there using one or two Titan Black cards in a Cubix expansion chassis hooked up to their Mac? And running Resolve or Premiere CC?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]