FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring grades from R10 to R9

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Turners
Transferring grades from R10 to R9
on Feb 16, 2014 at 9:10:34 pm

We graded a film in R10, once we got to rendering it, the program crashed repeatedly, so we changed to R9. In R9 the project opens/renders fine. The problem is we need the grades from the R10 project to apply to the film in R9.

Is there a way to import grades without importing the project?

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
Re: Transferring grades from R10 to R9
on Feb 17, 2014 at 11:56:34 am

Exporting all stills?
This won't transfer tracked windows, dynamics, so on.

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
on Feb 17, 2014 at 9:27:43 pm

Thats fine, I can re track things/dynamics.

So I can just do export stills from R10 and then import them in to R9 and it will ontain the grade info?

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Feb 17, 2014 at 9:59:36 pm

Hi Rick, the stills will contain the grade info, and as long as you don't have any grades doing things that Resolve 9 does not understand, then it should work. Make sure you copy both the still dpx and it's associated drx file and that they stay together in a common folder.

If you have the opportunity to reinstall Resolve 10 and recreate the crashing, it would be helpful if you run the Resolve CaptureLogs app and send a log file and project export to BMD support, so we can look into the issue.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
on Feb 19, 2014 at 10:24:26 am

After exporting the stills as Jpegs and re importing with the Drx in to r9 the stills and drxs come in as seperate files and do not allow me to click in them to apply grade info. Am I importing them wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]