FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feature Request - Sequences should sort by sequence name by default

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
Feature Request - Sequences should sort by sequence name by default
on Feb 14, 2014 at 1:45:49 am

I constantly have to click on the name column to sort my sequences. I have my films organized with a sequence per reel and would like them to sort in order. By defulat they sort in strange random orders (perhaps the order they were created in?). Would be much nicer if I didn't constantly have to sort by name to get them to sort correctly.

A small thing, but becomes annoying over time :)

best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

Andrew Shtern
Re: Feature Request - Sequences should sort by sequence name by default
on Feb 14, 2014 at 8:33:08 am

I think it would be more convenient, if sort settings (among other custom settings) will be saved with project. Definitely must have feature.

Andrew Shtern
Editor/Colorist
The Coffeepost @Kiev, UA

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Feb 14, 2014 at 4:17:30 pm

The real issue is just that the "sort state" is not maintained between sessions. If it just kept the current sorting (by name or other) between sessions that would be fine, the issue is that it constantly re-arranges back to the original sort order which is very frustrating.

best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

Harris Charalambous
on Feb 15, 2014 at 2:37:21 pm

If Resolve could remember the state it was left in (whichever sort column I selected last) from previous sessions that would be ideal. That along with it remembering my window layout would save a few minutes every time I open the application.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Feb 18, 2014 at 10:21:07 am

[Nat Jencks] "I constantly have to click on the name column to sort my sequences. I have my films organized with a sequence per reel and would like them to sort in order. By defulat they sort in strange random orders (perhaps the order they were created in?)."
If you mean the Timelines, yes, they're shown in creation order. You can temporarily sort them by name by clicking on the Name column in the edit page, but that order is not saved with the session, unfortunately.

What bugs me is when you switch timelines with the big panels, it just goes through them in the original creation order and not in the new order (at least, it did with v9 -- not at the console at the moment so I can't verify v10). It'd really be nice to have the Timelines have the ability to have their order permanently changed, maybe with a "Set Order" button.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]