FORUMS: list search recent posts

Failed to restore database

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Smith
Failed to restore database
on Feb 10, 2014 at 5:23:56 pm

Trying to open an old project that I had backed up. When I try and restore my .backup file into a new database I get an error saying "Failed to restore database: Failed to create database: database tiamrs3 already exists" I have tried 3 times and each time I rename the new database yet it comes back with this error of the database already existing. Following the manual on page 730 however not having any luck.
Is there another way to restore an older project from Resolve 9? Currently using Resolve 10.1.1.008

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: Failed to restore database
on Feb 10, 2014 at 6:42:57 pm

When you use the Restore menu, and the "Create a New Database to Restore to" window opens, you need to use a Label and DB Name that do not already exist on your system. You cannot restore a backed up database to an existing db name.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Feb 10, 2014 at 7:40:13 pm

Dwaine - Thanks for your response. Yes I have given the backup that I can pulling in a new label name and new database name each time. Then it comes back with this error saying that it already exists. Hmm.

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Feb 10, 2014 at 7:55:51 pm

If you use a label and db name of something like fred, you still have this issue?

If so, you could send your db file to BMD support and we could look at it.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Feb 10, 2014 at 8:35:35 pm

It does not like Fred either ! Looking for the DB folder now and I do not see it in the file path stated on page 729 of the manual.

Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinciResolve then I should see the DB folder correct? For some reason I don't see one in this location.

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Feb 11, 2014 at 12:50:32 am

I've been assuming you are using a PostgreSQL database, since you referred to a .backup file. PostgreSQL data is kept in a deep dark secret location that is not user accessible. That's why you use the Backup, Restore and Optimize database tools to manage this type of database.

The location you refer to on page 729 is for DISK databases. This is an entirely different thing from PostgreSQL databases. Those are stored in user accessible folder structures that can be backed up and moved using standard file management tools like Finder or Explorer.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Feb 12, 2014 at 12:41:35 am

When I hit + in the database manager page and try and make a new database, select the QPSQL under the driver I get an error stating.

"Failed to open database connection: could not connect to server: Connection refused. Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connection on port 5432?
QPSQL: unable to connect"

If I search the manual for TCP/IP what I find only covers remote grading. It all seems very clear on page 726 however I am getting the above error.

Am I correct in assuming that my .backup file will only come into a shared database?

I have tried importing the project that was made I think in Resolve 8 into 10.1 and it only has half the grades or less. Most of the R3D clips have no grade applied. The clips that do hold the grades were one that I had named i.e. Mother CU etc.

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Feb 12, 2014 at 1:49:20 am

What type of system are you running Resolve on?

The message you see would usually be because PostgreSQL is not running. Or, if you are on a Windows system, access to it could be blocked by a firewall.

Do you currently have ANY working databases? Do you see user icons on the login page when you launch Resolve? If so, is that datbase a Disk database?

V8 projects are not compatible with V10. If you must access a V8 project in V10, you will need to load it and save it in V9.1.6 first.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Feb 12, 2014 at 2:50:13 pm

Running a full version of Resolve 10.1 on Mac OSX 10.8.5

When I go into Database manager I have two databases. Both are Disk databases. I can see the other projects and Icons at log in.

Last night I ended up going back to an old system disk 10.6.8 and Resolve 9 and was able to import the projects. Then re exported to projects and was able to then bring those projects into DR10. As you suggest above.

For future reference how do I enable PostgreSQL? When I do a find for that in the manual it comes up empty.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Feb 12, 2014 at 4:53:35 pm

Resolve installs PostgreSQL the first time you install Resolve on a system. It is set up to automatically run at system startup.

Once in a while on Mac systems, it gets into a mode where it does not start up at system startup. In your Applications folder, you should see a PostgreSQL 8.4 folder. In that folder is a Start, Stop and Restart Server app. Try running Start Server. It will either start, or give you an error message as to why it can't start. If it starts, it should be fine from then on. If you get an error, it will need to be addressed to enable PostgreSQL to run.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]