FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crash when exporting XML

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Glucksman
Crash when exporting XML
on Feb 10, 2014 at 4:18:55 am

So I have a RED-shot short film, about seven minutes long with one VFX shot that was rendered out to EXR. I rendered to 2k DCI in ProRes 422(HQ), and Resolve crashed at the end of the render. Now, when I'm on the Edit page and attempt to export an XML to go back to FCP 7, it shuts down.

I'm running 10.1.0.021 on my 2010 MacPro, OSx 10.8.5, with a GeForce GTX 780 for shared GUI & GPU.

Am I even doing the FCP roundtrip correctly? Usually Resolve automatically spits out an XML but it did not this time. Everything was fine except for the crash at the end of the render.

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
Re: Crash when exporting XML
on Feb 10, 2014 at 4:46:25 am

Foe what it's worth, I rendered it again and this time it completed properly. It automatically exported an FCXML, which does not appear to be compatible with the FCP7 project the film originated from. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
on Feb 10, 2014 at 8:37:47 am

Try deleting all your audio on the timeline (duplicate the sequence first if you like). I have had issues with XML roundtrip and sound, especially if compressed sound.

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
on Feb 10, 2014 at 10:04:08 pm

No audio already. I'm installing 10.1.1 & hoping it was a quirk in 10.1.0...

Return to posts index

Simon Tingell
on Feb 17, 2014 at 6:48:54 pm

Hello.

Did you find a solution to the XML crash problem? I have about the same problem here except the renders are fine but when exporting XMLs resolve just close instantly.

AAF works fine to export but it is not to good to import to Premiere Pro CC.

Thanks,

Simon

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
on Feb 17, 2014 at 7:00:10 pm

That's the exact issue I had. It was weird--it would export an FCX XML, but when I tried to do one compatible with FCP7 it just shut down.

I did not solve the issue. I was able to export a high-res QuickTime movie, which was sufficient for the needs of the filmmaker. It is not an ideal situation but this one time it works well enough.

Return to posts index

Simon Tingell
on Feb 17, 2014 at 7:49:29 pm

It's really weird, I tried cleaning up the timeline and importing the project in to a new clean database. removed the audio, everything. Have no clue what it can be. I have to go with the single clip Quicktime route this time too and reinstall Resolve after this project. Please post here if you come up with a solution.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]