FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Trace - Using version 1

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
Color Trace - Using version 1
on Feb 8, 2014 at 12:05:05 am

So a question about ColorTrace…

The manual implies that ColorTrace always uses version 1 rather than the active grade. Is this true? If so is there a way to make it use the active grade instead, of to globally copy the currently active version into version 1 and make it the default version? Copying each grade by hand into the version 1 position seems like a non-starter. Why would is always use version 1 instead of the active version?

Thanks
-Nat

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
Re: Color Trace - Using version 1
on Feb 8, 2014 at 5:42:44 am

See the color trace movie
http://www.rippletraining.com/fileserve/dvr10-features/slideshow/index.html...

http://www.filmandtvcolor.com | colorist | Los Angeles, CA

Twitter: @4kfinish

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Feb 8, 2014 at 10:23:47 pm

Thanks for the link!

Short answer for others who have the same question: At least for 10.1, you can color trace non default versions, the manual is just wrong / not updated.

best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

William Edwards
on Feb 9, 2014 at 7:25:24 pm

I've given up using color trace for outputs as they don't hold the proper versioning, and it can get quite confusing.

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Feb 9, 2014 at 10:02:23 pm

I have to say, the only using the "default version" (v1) screwed me up in the past, but it seems to be working as I would expect currently. Just got thrown for a loop since the manual describes the old behavior.

Best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

William Edwards
on Feb 10, 2014 at 3:04:50 pm

So you're finding that it links up to the 'top' level versions?

My issue was that when I went to render out a piece, I would dup a sequence with addon handles of 2 seconds, then do the color trace, but it would never hold on to the versions that I was using as my final. Heck, even the tracking wouldn't necessarily be correct. If this issue is fixed, that would be really great to know!

Return to posts index

Robert Due
on Feb 10, 2014 at 5:55:00 pm
Last Edited By Robert Due on Feb 10, 2014 at 5:58:44 pm

In Resolve 10 there is no need to duplicate timelines anymore. Under the View menu you can select show current clip with handles. This allows you to track out shapes to your user selectable handle length. Then you can deselect it to go back to your timeline that displays the clips without handles.
In project settings under Editing you can specify the project handle length. This is a major improvement!!! IMHO

Robert Due
Editor / Colorist
INDEPENDENT EDIT
DaVinci Resolve 10.1.1
OSX 10.8.4
MacPro 8-core 4,1 2.93 Ghz
24GB RAM
Nvidia GT120 GUI
Cubix Expander with 2 x GTX570 (CUDA 5.0.36)
Decklink Extreme3D+
Panny BT-LH1710P/ Panny TH-42BT300U
Tangent Wave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]