FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve and multi channel audio

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Sakatch
Resolve and multi channel audio
on Jan 31, 2014 at 9:52:58 pm

Does anyone know if I can have resolve not assume that audio stems with 6 channels is not 5.1 surround sound audio?

Doing RED with multichannel audio, and everytime I have a 6 track recording, Resolve wants to make it 5.1, which buggers up my Avid and Dailies outputs. I have to manually go in and tell the box that the audio files are mono, 6 channels, then after syncing to T/C on the video file, I have to tell it the Video file's audio is mono 6 channel, and I have to assign each of the channels to the linked audio. Gets a bit tiresome after a while. I can't see any audio input settings that would help me out.

I get the same thing with 2 channel audio. It assumes Stereo instead of mono 2 track.

I just need a "default audio" tab somewhere.

Glenn

Glenn

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve and multi channel audio
on Feb 1, 2014 at 12:21:19 am

What if you brought in the six tracks as a single polyphonic file?

I'm still not of the opinion that Resolve is ideal as a delivery tool for multitrack audio projects.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 1, 2014 at 8:07:36 pm

Hey Marc, the tracks do come in as a single, 6 channel file, problem is resolve is assuming its a 5.1 file instead of the poly file it is.

Just doing dailies and transcodes right now, i still do my final delivery and ouputs through a different system. Resolve is great for this, except for its handling of the audio.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Leif Thomas
on May 6, 2014 at 12:52:04 pm

I'm having the same problems right now. Do have found any solution for that problem.

Also just rushes with multi audio tracks. Resolve 10.1.4. on a Mac.

Return to posts index

max slomoff
on Sep 29, 2014 at 10:36:36 pm

hi marc,
may i ask what you recommend as the ideal tool?

i'm looking to export dailies as multitrack quicktimes and i'm having trouble in both resolve and premiere 2014

Return to posts index

Kamau Bilal
on Sep 2, 2015 at 6:35:55 am

Was there ever a solution to this problem? Having this issue currently. Can't find the work around...

Return to posts index

joana reis
on Oct 7, 2015 at 9:14:59 pm

I guess if you go into clip attributes/audio you are able to change it.
hope it helps

Return to posts index

Tomek Dyszkiewicz
on Nov 30, 2015 at 8:49:59 am

Not sure if I got you correctly but try going to EDIT TAB, right click on audio track with your 6 channel audio and choose:
Change track type to -> Adaptive -> 6

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]