FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing all keyframes

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Coote
Changing all keyframes
on Jan 31, 2014 at 7:36:40 pm

Hey! I have a few shots that I've spent a long time manually masking, tracking etc... Having just finished I now want to apply a softness adjustment to all the key frames to blend my edges but it would appear I have to go back to every keyframe and input the softness manually. There must be a way to do this.
Thanks in advance everyone!

Return to posts index

Jamie Coote
Re: Changing all keyframes
on Jan 31, 2014 at 10:50:45 pm

Little correction, I said 'Masking'... I meant 'Power Window-ing'!
=]

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Feb 1, 2014 at 12:23:36 am

I believe you have to do this one at a time. You could grab a still of the final frame with the blurred window (if they're all identical), display the node tree, and then drag just that one node into the correction.

As far as I know, there's no way to ripple a change like this unless each shot had the same number of node trees and you were making a similar correction. I think it'd be much more precise and predictable to do it all by hand.

Return to posts index

Jamie Coote
on Feb 1, 2014 at 10:20:36 am

Thanks! Unfortunately they're not at all identical (two power windows, changing shape on almost a frame by frame basis to follow two faces).
I can see I was a bit unclear, but actually I'm only working in one node (AND all the clips have the same number of nodes). Frankly I would't mind ripple changing all my power windows if that's possible??
I'm pretty new to DR, so naively I was expecting a parameters drop down in the key frame timeline, like in after effects. While I'm at it, do you know if/how I can animate opacity (like in AE).
Cheers!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Feb 1, 2014 at 11:59:00 am

No, no way to ripple a change like this. Just go in and adjust the softness a little bit at a time. Even if you have 20 or 30 instances, it only takes a few seconds per shot.

I know a lot of colorists that organize this stuff fairly rigidly so that windows come up at a specific node point most of the time, so they know very quickly what to grab and how to grab it. If it's randomly spread out throughout the node tree, it takes too long to find it. For this reason, it's a good idea to get the window right when you do it so that you don't need to tweak it later. (Practice makes perfect.)

Return to posts index

Gian Franco Morini
on Dec 16, 2016 at 10:30:11 pm

Hello I'm having the same issue. Is this still the case or did anybody find a workaround?
It's a little annoying to have to change softness values manually for each keyframe.

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Feb 1, 2014 at 10:11:42 pm

"Next Key"

Prev Key"

Are you friends here

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]