FORUMS: list search recent posts

C300 "separate MXF" files within the clip using DaVinci

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Re
C300 "separate MXF" files within the clip using DaVinci
on Jan 31, 2014 at 3:57:54 pm

Hello everybody,

This is finally my first post in CreativeCow so excuse me if I don't follow any particular convention.

Today's issue: I had to transcode C300 (Firmware version 1.1.1.1.00) footage using DaVinci.
Into ProRes 422 to then import in FCP because the latter's "Log&Transfer" surprisingly didn't work today!

It worked fine but then I realised that DaVinci transcodes each .MXF file within the C300 clip into individual files. (whereas FCP used to put those together into just one ProRes file).
At first sight it might not be a problem... but it does become quite annoying when you need to create multiclips and syncing each of those individual files later on....

Does anyone know if there is a way to transcode C300 footage into ProRes 422 using DaVinci in such a way that the C300 clips are exported not subdivided into their individual .MFX files?

I hope I made myself understood!
Thanks A/.

Return to posts index

John Sackey
Re: C300 "separate MXF" files within the clip using DaVinci
on Jan 31, 2014 at 5:12:42 pm

Have you tried running the media through XF Utility before going to Resolve. That solved the problem we used to encounter with spanned clips.

John

Return to posts index

sean ross
on Mar 19, 2014 at 3:31:39 pm

Can you run the XF utility after importing clips?

Return to posts index

Andre Re
on Jul 10, 2014 at 11:23:35 am

Hi john,

I downloaded finally Canon XF Utility.
What you mean with "running the media through" the above program?

I see you can browse and back up and MXF files but I don't see any way to transcode.
Do you mean if I back-up with XF Utility, it will consolidate the "fragmented" files within the clip into just one?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]