FORUMS: list search recent posts

best way to deal with edit revisions in Resolve?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Harrill
best way to deal with edit revisions in Resolve?
on Jan 14, 2014 at 3:24:32 pm

Hi all,

I'm working on a project that had a preliminary grade done in Resolve, then the cut was revised. Most of the revisions were lifts/trims, but there are some new shots in the edit, etc.

Aside from importing this revised edit as a new project and then copying and pasting grades shot by shot from the old Resolve project do we have any options?

Thanks!
Paul

Return to posts index

Kelly Reese
Re: best way to deal with edit revisions in Resolve?
on Jan 14, 2014 at 5:18:21 pm

You could either use remote timelines that point to the color in the master timeline so that new timelines also point to the original color corrections, or do a color trace on the new project.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Jan 15, 2014 at 1:36:54 am

If it was shot RAW and metadata was adjusted during the grade, sadly, ColorTrace will not quite work. ColorTrace doesn't transfer metadata adjustments, only the actual grade adjustments gets copied. On the other hand, using remote grades will work.

Return to posts index

Kelly Reese
on Jan 20, 2014 at 3:00:29 am

I saw in Resolve 10.1 ColorTrace, they have a checkbox for "Version Camera Raw Settings," so I tested ColorTracing a RED RAW shot with changed Saturation and Color Temp settings, but unfortunately, it still didn't work. I'll email tech support on this.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Jan 20, 2014 at 3:32:00 am

I believe you need to have he "save with version" function enabled in the original grade.

http://JuanSalvo.com
http://theColourSpace.com

Return to posts index

Kelly Reese
on Jan 20, 2014 at 4:01:37 am

I tried this as a test with "Save with Version" on the original version, but I couldn't get it to ColorTrace the RAW Saturation and Color Temp changes (Clip Decoder setttings) for some reason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]