FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Failed to intialize RED Decoder with the configured number of decoders" What does that mean?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ruffo
"Failed to intialize RED Decoder with the configured number of decoders" What does that mean?
on Jan 14, 2014 at 4:33:18 am
Last Edited By Robert Ruffo on Jan 14, 2014 at 4:40:37 am

When opening DaVinci 10, I get each time following error message: "Failed to intialize RED Decoder with the configured number of decoders" What does that mean?

Mac Pro 2012 12 core 12 Gig RAM

MacVidCards GTX 570 2.5GB RAM

Decklink HD + latest dirvers

I tihnk latest CUDA and latest GTX drivers (although 570 is not listed on NVidia site for Mac - so I hope I picked the right drivers)

It was working fine, then suddenly stopped, even though nothing changed (except quitting and restarting Resolve, just before problem first appeared) . Now it plays super slow, and there are black frames in Red footage

I restarted, no avail.

I know all the obvious stuff, like setting debayer to lower res, and anyway none of those setting changed since everything was working fine

Do I need a cold boot?

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: "Failed to intialize RED Decoder with the configured number of decoders" What does that mean?
on Jan 14, 2014 at 10:29:17 am

Hi Robert, do you have multiple Resolve apps on the machine? I recall this error shows when users try switching between versions of Resolve without doing a full install each time.... just editing application names is not recommended. If this is not the case then please grab logs using 'Capturelog' and post a link so someone can review.
Peter

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
Re: "Failed to intialize RED Decoder with the configured number of decoders" What does that mean?
on Jan 14, 2014 at 10:04:22 pm

Thanks Peter!

I'll do that when I have a chance. I figured out that if I delete all the cache files the problem goes away, and that the problem only occurs when I use rendered previews of one or more clips. Problem being: That warning. Very slow loading of projects list upon opening. Very slow playback.

It would be great if

A) Resolve had a 'Purge Cache" function, that could automatically purge upon quit of the user desires, and rendered clips were written over after a change (as it is now it tends to fill a hard driveā€¦)

B) Rendered clips were persistent/reloaded between sessions. Not sure why that is not the case, or who would consider it better to re-render all previews every time they load a session. On a feature film it can become a big deal.

Another strange behavior is that of I use a GTX 570 for both GUI and render (as I will do if I am switching quickly between Resolve and Premiere) even if I check on "Use Gui For Compute" it gives me a non-realtime warning - even though in the end it works fine. (Second GUI card is tiny card only for Gui (Gt130)

Return to posts index

Alexandre Azinheira
on Oct 23, 2014 at 6:28:54 pm

Hi Robert, can you please tell me where do I delete the cache files?
Thanx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]