Crash on startup

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Glucksman
Crash on startup
on Jan 9, 2014 at 6:44:03 am
Last Edited By Jesse Glucksman on Jan 9, 2014 at 11:07:16 pm

Bit of a problem here...

Running 10.0.2 (but just installed 10.0.1 but the problem persists) on my Mac running OSX 10.8.5. Have not had issues until just now.

I just started a project for a short film shot on Red. When I brought clips into the media pool, I got a warning saying the Decklink card is having a problem (I can't recall the exact wording).

I restarted the system, and now Resolve won't open. The box that pops up gets as far as "Starting up" or "Looking for control surface" (which I don't have) and then shuts down. I haven't done a full uninstall as I haven't backed up recently and a full uninstall makes me a bit jittery. Hope some of you are still awake...

If I have to do a full uninstall, what can I do to save all the work I have going on? Thanks.

(Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled 9.1.6 with the same issue. Re-re-installed 10.0.2, no change. Possibly this is a result of a problem with my Decklink SDI card? Would an issue with the video card prevent Resolve from even opening? Please help--I'm high & dry here.)

I even went ahead and bought a new Decklink SDI card, assuming my old one was broken. Still nothing. New card, same problem. I'm in trouble. Anyone have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
Re: Crash on startup
on Jan 9, 2014 at 5:33:28 pm

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Decklink drivers.

If you open the Decklink Prefpane, does it say that the card is detected?

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
Re: Crash on startup
on Jan 9, 2014 at 6:43:37 pm

I did the uninstall/reinstall but no change.

By prefpane do you mean the Blackmagic Design page in my System Preferences? I don't see anything that specifically says the card is detected, but there are no warnings, and I'm getting video when I open a project in Final Cut.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]