FORUMS: list search recent posts

Contax 645 / Fuji 400h look

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stig olsen
Contax 645 / Fuji 400h look
on Jan 8, 2014 at 3:57:35 pm

Hi,

Any idea how to get close to the typical skin tones created by the combination mentioned in the subject field? Look at Jose Villa for reference.

Stig

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Contax 645 / Fuji 400h look
on Jan 9, 2014 at 5:21:32 am

How do you create the look of shooting with a medium format camera? You shoot with a medium format camera. Nothing else really compares.

http://JuanSalvo.com
http://theColourSpace.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jan 9, 2014 at 5:19:23 pm

[Juan Salvo] "How do you create the look of shooting..."

Its a bit like how perfect everyone's teeth are now... even when the movie is set in a time when oral care was non-existent and orthodontia wasn't even for the rich. Article in this morning's Globe&Mail had a picture of Raquel Welch in her fur bikini -- with the caption, oh, yes, this is what women looked like one million BC.

What I mean by the example is that there is this fetish for recreating image finishes that are a product of a specific sequence of physical processes with their attendant optical physics and chemistry, dye layers, refractive indices, contact-printing... factors for which there really is no digital analog.

Look at the model (look) you are trying to emulate. What sets it apart from the digital source footage? What are you going to have to put in or take out? Is there a Sapphire plug-in for it? And why not?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Gary Oberbrunner
on Jan 14, 2014 at 9:34:32 pm

Look at the model (look) you are trying to emulate. What sets it apart from the digital source footage? What are you going to have to put in or take out? Is there a Sapphire plug-in for it? And why not?

Yes, try Sapphire S_FilmEffect. It won't get you 100% of the way to the look you want right out of the box, but I bet you can find a preset that looks close and go from there.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]