FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chase Audio Sync Slipping

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Manolikakis
Chase Audio Sync Slipping
on Jan 2, 2014 at 4:12:23 pm

Just upgraded to Davinci 10.0.2. Working in a 23.976 fps timeline. Chase audio extracted from reference movie. The audio seems to slip out of sync over duration of the timeline. Feels like the audio is playing back at 24 fps and not 23.976. Projects were imported from DaVinci 9.x.

Any thoughts.

Tony Manolikakis
Rev13 Films

Tony Manolikakis
Rev13 Films

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: Chase Audio Sync Slipping
on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:04:29 pm
Last Edited By jake blackstone on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:05:45 pm

I have seen it happens many times, when I use XML from Premiere. As I verify my conform, the video, not audio would slip a frame every 30: or so. If I leave it as is, on the roundtrip, the video would line up back in Premiere perfectly, but if I try to fix the slippage in resolve, back in Premiere it would then be slipped the wrong way (one frame too short). So, I just adjust the offset by a frame in resolve to get the offline to agree with conform. It sure looks like 23.98 vs 24.

Return to posts index

Tony Manolikakis
Re: Chase Audio Sync Slipping
on Jan 3, 2014 at 4:47:26 am

Everything was in sync before moving to DaVinci 10. Also, it's just the chase audio that is out of sync. As a test, I conformed the reference movie to true 24fps then extracted the audio from it and used that audio as the chase audio. Audio stays in sync now. So it appears to be some sort of bug with monitoring at 23.976 and chase audio.

Tony

Tony Manolikakis
Rev13 Films

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]