FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframing Lensflares in Saphire for Resolve 10

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
Keyframing Lensflares in Saphire for Resolve 10
on Dec 31, 2013 at 6:29:17 pm

Hi, I'm sure there is an easy answer to this but I'm new to sapphire on resolve, and the trial installer didn't come with any documentation. I can get the lans flare plugging working great, and I can move position around, but when I use normal dynamic keyframes, rather than animating the position it just jumps to the new position at the new keyframe. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? Any help much appreciated!

best-
-Nat Jencks

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Keyframing Lensflares in Saphire for Resolve 10
on Jan 1, 2014 at 3:17:44 pm

That would be my main use of Sapphires too.
I kinda would love to use Resolves tracker for it, at least for the Auto Track Lensflare.

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.0.0.073 , Smoke 2013 EXT
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
Re: Keyframing Lensflares in Saphire for Resolve 10
on Jan 5, 2014 at 9:24:53 pm

Yes, I find the auto track lens flare to be kind of useless in most situations, since I really don't want the source of the flare to jump all over he place finding the brightest point. My work around is to track and object near the light source, then make it a black circle or something easy to see, offset it an appropriate amount, and then keyframe the lens flare movement manually to match the light source to this black circle, then turn off the circle. Obviously sort of crude and far from perfect since the movement between keyframes is linear movement, but it works well enough if the lens flare is subtle.

Would be REALLY great to be able to use a resolve tracked object for the source.

Anyone have any secret sauce?
-N

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]