FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding with Resolve 10 Lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Duni
Transcoding with Resolve 10 Lite
on Dec 25, 2013 at 7:31:32 am

Hello,

I recently finished a short with the BMCC, and although I'm not editing, I would like to transcode the 2400 x 1350 cinemaDNG files to something appropriate for dailies and sound design. Nothing fancy just 720p.

I'm using Davinci Resolve 10 Lite (as my editor has the version that came with the camera). However, when I import the 2k DNG files, I do not know how to get it to the delivery stage of the program for transcoding.

I read that the Resolve 9 Lite version will not allow 2k exporting, but 1080p and under work fine, is this the case with Resolve 10 Lite? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it's not surprising, as I know nothing about this program.

Some tech specs:
2012 Retina Macbook Pro
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB RAM
GTX 650M
256 SSD
Resolve 10 Lite

Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

Robert Pitman
Re: Transcoding with Resolve 10 Lite
on Dec 30, 2013 at 12:47:42 am

Yes 2.5K or above footage transcoded to anything below UHD (4K) works in Resolve 10 Lite.

Basic steps are:

Project settings - such as frame rate, raw debayer settings, LUTs etc.

Load media into the media pool.

Create a timeline with either all media from the media pool, or user added.

Delivery page, export file type, resolution, location etc. you can also override resizing and debayer settings here (great safety net).

Go!

But the truth is without reading the manual and watch tutorials this is little help. Please read some of the manual, it's very good! It'll open up the program to you!

Cheers,
Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]