FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve on the new Mac Pro

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Mena
Resolve on the new Mac Pro
on Dec 24, 2013 at 7:50:30 pm

Has anyone had a chance to use the new Mac Pro with Resolve? Mainly using RAW footage?
I would like to hear how those two AMD's are holding up and if so what configuration MacPro you purchased. 8-core, 12-core?

I was hoping Blackmagic would have something on their site :(

thanks yo!

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
Re: Resolve on the new Mac Pro
on Dec 24, 2013 at 11:02:54 pm

A few people who ordered stock configurations have gotten their machines today, but none of the build-to-order systems have been shipped out yet, and those (particularly systems with D700 graphics) are probably of more interest to Resolve users. I got in an other for a 12-core/D700 within 15 minutes or so of the store going live, and will report numbers when it arrives if they're not already all over the place by then.

It's frustrating (if predictable) that the media outlets that were given review systems seem to have no idea how to actually put a pro video system through its paces. I haven't seen a review yet where Resolve has been so much as mentioned, despite the fact that Apple itself features Resolve benchmarks for the system on their web site.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on Dec 25, 2013 at 1:49:31 am

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I've seen a few sites post videos but only running FCPX 10.1. I was like ok, Start up resolve. I'm guessing BM will update Resolve for FCPXs' new XML. Hopefully the configuration guide release's soon after.

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

Peter Barrett
on Feb 22, 2014 at 1:15:41 am

Yeah, still very little info out there. We have a 4,1 8-core with 3x GTX680s and a RR in a Cubix box - and I'm beginning to feel we should have bought a 2012 or 2013 12-core rather than hedge our bets and wait for new machines that, while obviously faster than an iMac, may not outdo the best of the old.

Anyone heard more?

Macs, FCP, Avid, Nitris DX, Color, HDCAM...

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Feb 25, 2014 at 5:20:43 pm

+1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]