FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting and relinking Resolve to Premier Pro

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stepan Ko
Exporting and relinking Resolve to Premier Pro
on Dec 23, 2013 at 6:30:39 pm

Hello!

Recently i was involved in doing a bit of color correction in Davinci Resolve for a small fashion film. The footage was shot on the Epic at 4k and was having some CG elements dropped in. The editor edited in premier with raw footage. There were a lot of places were large 4 minute clips were used 2 or even 3 times with different in and out points. I then exported an xml and conformed that in Davinci Resolve Lite. No problems with the conform or the grading. However when I rendered the clips out as individual prores 4444, selecting the use source filenames option, the clips were trimmed. After that I ended up with a number of clips not exported because their name has already been taken by clips that came from the same master raw clip. An attempt to relink to the folder with the graded media obviously did not give much result, as it was just a complete mess. Exporting an xml from resolve and opening in premier didn't help much as well. I am new to all of this so if anyone could explain how to deal with these particular situations (where one raw clip is being used 2 or 3 or more times and then all of that needs grading and re linking in premier) that would be much appreciated!

working on a macpro 2x2.4 ghz quad-core intel xeon
32g ram
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024mb
os x 10.8.5

Davinci resolve lite 10.0.0 0.73
premier pro cs 6.0.5

Return to posts index

Stepan Ko
Re: Exporting and relinking Resolve to Premier Pro
on Dec 28, 2013 at 2:09:42 pm

Sooo according to the radio silence in the replies i'm guessing the answer is so obvious that there is no point to answer. Gone to read the manuals then...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]