FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keep camera metadata ISO but switch to RedLogFilm when grading R3D?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
Keep camera metadata ISO but switch to RedLogFilm when grading R3D?
on Dec 18, 2013 at 11:29:29 pm

What is the easiest way to do this? I want to grade from R3D, but when I change my clips to reference project raw settings and change to RedLogFilm, I can only use one ISO setting for every shot in the film. I'd like to use camera metadata (especially for ISO), but use RedLogFilm as the gamma curve. Thousands of shots, so tweaking these metadata setting per shot is not ideal.

best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Keep camera metadata ISO but switch to RedLogFilm when grading R3D?
on Dec 19, 2013 at 7:13:37 am

Did you try changing the attributes in Red Cine ?

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.0.0.073 , Smoke 2013 EXT
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Dec 19, 2013 at 9:26:47 am

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. Is there a way to batch change meta data for huge #s of files? Thanks Sasha.
-N

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Dec 19, 2013 at 4:28:05 pm

No way to do that, but a good feature request over at Red if you feel like making it.

Return to posts index

Chris Hall
on Dec 19, 2013 at 6:20:20 pm

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you want to do is actually fairly simple:

1) For your project settings set the Red Camera settings to "Decode Using - Camera Metadata"
2) The select all red clips in the media pool and right click on one to select "Edit Red Codec Settings"
3) In the red settings dialogue box change "Decode Using" to "Clip" and then change "Gamma Curve" to Redlogfilm"
4) After doing that click the left most button on the lower right of the dialogue box to "apply changes to all selected clips"
5) This will only change the gamma curve to redlogfilm in all selected clips and keep the camera metadata for color temp, sat, tint, etc.

Would that do what you need? (I pretty much do this on every red project and it works like a charm)

Chris Hall
Colorist - Prehistoric Digital
Santa Monica, CA

Return to posts index

Dan Moran
on Dec 19, 2013 at 11:00:37 pm

Exactly right Chris, we've being doing this on red projects for a long time.

If its not working for some of you make sure you select all your red clips before changing the red settings. If you change the setting, then select all and then hit the apply changes button it doesn't work

--

Dan Moran
Colourist
Smoke & Mirrors: London
http://www.danmorancolor.com/blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]