FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maintaining Adobe Camera Raw settings in .dng file for Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Migliori
Maintaining Adobe Camera Raw settings in .dng file for Resolve
on Dec 16, 2013 at 12:21:26 am

Hi there!

I have combed the internet and couldn't seem to find anything specifically about what I'm looking for:

I've been following the common Premiere to Resolve workflow of Proxies from Resolve > Edit in Premiere > XML back into Resolve and connect RAW dng files. I am not fully experienced in Resolve and I found that there were some color changes that were easier for me to adjust in Adobe's Camera Raw program than with the tools in Resolve. Only problem is that the .xmp's created by Camera Raw are not read by Resolve so my changes do not show up.

I really want to continue through Resolve anyway to keep the integrity of my timeline (and to prevent exporting full resolution videos that I then have to recut), so is there any way to bake the Camera Raw settings into the .dng so that when Resolve reads the raw file, I can keep my Camera Raw settings intact?

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Maintaining Adobe Camera Raw settings in .dng file for Resolve
on Dec 16, 2013 at 10:01:35 am

Why not exercising your abilities in resolve to get the results?

Keeps you workflow neater and more controllable?

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu
https://vimeo.com/iconstudioseu/videos

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Andrew Migliori
on Dec 16, 2013 at 1:18:26 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! I would really love to get more practice but there's a very tight deadline and I also have some other post assets to manage before then. I did get exactly the look I needed with the Camera Raw sliders so I'm really hoping there is a way for Resolve to read those changes, short of exporting a whole new image sequence!

Thanks for the advice though, once the project is done I plan on practicing to match the color work done in Raw :)

Return to posts index

anand kamal
on Feb 21, 2014 at 1:09:00 am
Last Edited By anand kamal on Feb 21, 2014 at 1:11:05 am

hi..I work with 5d raw footage with magic lantern. I also need help in maintaining the camera raw changes in resolve. The roundtrip worked for me. Just saved the corrected DNG images. But adobe raw saves in DNG format while Resolve requires Cinema DNG format, only then the footage can be applied with BMD film in color space and gamma. Also the footage looks blurred, may be due to improper correction..

Return to posts index

John Elridge
on Jun 12, 2014 at 1:49:17 am

Im also having trouble finding a good tutorial to walk me through the return from fcp x to resolve. I've imported the XML file, but I want to ensure that I can connect the proxies back to the .dngs/raw footage before I get into color correction. Can anyone help out with this or post a good tutorial (possibly video) that to help out step by step.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]