FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jpeg2000 from Resolve not recognised by EasyDCPplayer stand alone.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Sackey
Jpeg2000 from Resolve not recognised by EasyDCPplayer stand alone.
on Dec 10, 2013 at 12:59:11 pm

HI all.

I'm currently making a DCP for a short I graded and thought I'd cut some time from th process by doing the XYZ transform and jpeg2000 encoding straight from resolve instead of using OpenDCP. Everything works fine and the resulting DCP form OpenDCP (just being used to create MXFs and the DCP) playback in Resolve using the EasyDCP plug in.

But if I use the stand alone EasyDCP Player the image will not load. Looking at the log it tells me that no video codec is found and that it has encountered an 'Unexpected JPEG 2000 profile'.

Anyone else come across this? Wondering if Rohit or Peter know anything?

For the time being I'll use Resolve to output DPX with the XYZ transform and encode Jpeg2000 in OpenDCP with no transforms.

Sadly DCPs aren't a regular thing so I can't justify the EasyDCP license for one short.

Cheers
John

Return to posts index

Terrence Meiczinger
Re: Jpeg2000 from Resolve not recognised by EasyDCPplayer stand alone.
on Dec 10, 2013 at 4:06:11 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the JPEG2000 images created by Resolve are DCI compliant unless you export through the EasyDCP plugin. They don't play in the standalone EasyDCP player because it does an actual check of the images.

Return to posts index

John Sackey
Re: Jpeg2000 from Resolve not recognised by EasyDCPplayer stand alone.
on Dec 10, 2013 at 4:14:03 pm

That sounds like the most likely explanation, although the easyDCP playback in Resolve will play the image.

I'm thinking the best case scenario for me is to use the Rec to XYZ transform in Resolve then have Open DCP encode my DPXs to Jpeg2000.

Unless of course I can convince short film makers and artists to actually pay for DCPs!

Cheers
John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]