FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED Trim and Remote grades - not possible?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael stirling
RED Trim and Remote grades - not possible?
on Dec 9, 2013 at 6:24:25 pm

Hi

I'm just conforming a feature shot on the Epic and am pleased to report RED Trim seems to be working fine in 10.0.2. However, now the footage is trimmed and working with Remote Grades no longer 'sees' shots from the same take as the the same clip as they are trims but you'd think as they are divided only by their S000X extension and this must be a common workflow that it could/should work

Is there any way around this or is a slower grade (local) the price of not copying 3.5TB of rushes to my RAID?

thanks
M

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
Re: ED Trim and Remote grades - not possible?
on Dec 9, 2013 at 8:04:59 pm

I would also love to know if this is possible.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: RED Trim and Remote grades - not possible?
on Dec 9, 2013 at 9:32:13 pm
Last Edited By jake blackstone on Dec 9, 2013 at 9:32:39 pm

Have you reconfirmed the timeline from the new bin?

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:37:53 am

Hi Jake,

My workflow was:
Conform from an xml of each reel using media on the clients drive.
Red trim to my RAID.
Create a fresh project.
Conform the original XML using the media in the RED Trim folder on the RAID.

Everything went great but I no longer have any linked clips in Remote grading. By 'linked' I don't mean linked to the media - that's fine, I mean linked by the red icon in the color page that applies grades to clips from the same source.

If their is anything in the above workflow that could be altered to achieve this that would be great to know

Thanks
M

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Dec 11, 2013 at 8:34:07 am

Please read my earlier reply. If you wish to ignore my response, I can't help you.

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:07:32 am

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your advice above...

It was my belief that a fresh project with the trimmed media set achieved the same thing as a reconform from bin within a project. However, you are right - you suggested something and I didn't try it before replying.

I have now tried a 'reconform from bin' and for me it does behave this way. The conform links to the new media but shots which were originally from the same source are no longer linked by the red icon and now have to be graded individually.

Have you successfully trimmed a project and retained the color links in a remote grades timeline?

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Dec 17, 2013 at 3:30:52 pm

As with Avid, relinking in Resolve relies on two things, the clip ID (usually reel or tape name) and time code. If you match these to what the list is calling for, clips will relink. So I would look at the clips that aren't relinking in the Media Pool, then look at the EDL (make one if you don't already have one) and force the reel name to agree with what the EDL is calling for using whatever means you need to do that. If you select and right click the clip(s) in question, you have the choice of a control string, the embedded name in the header, or the file name. Or you can enter it manually. Once you have those agreeing, the clips should relink and any remote grades you did should reappear.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]