FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggested AECS6/Resolve Workflow for a project that went ass-backwards...

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Akada
Suggested AECS6/Resolve Workflow for a project that went ass-backwards...
on Dec 9, 2013 at 5:54:32 am

I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment regarding the most efficient approach to a short film project that's been troubling me for some time.

As it currently stands, I have a fully-edited MOV file exported via FCPX. Clips were originally shot in ProRes 422 on a T3i.

The original cut of the film was exported without finalized plates for the FX shots (e.g. all elements to be handled in AE).

The original plan was to perform all color correction in AECS6 while simultaneously prepping the mattes, compositing & roto work.

But that was before I acquired DaVinci Resolve 9.

Now - I'm trying to figure out which workflow would work best...

Should I simply polish all FX plates in AE - importing the entire span of the MOV file (which is approximately 17 minutes long)?

OR:

Should I perform color correction using Scene Detection, export to an AE-friendly codec and finalize the film there?

For reasons that are too convoluted too explain, I no longer have access to an XML/EDL from the original edit (though I do still have the original footage).

That being said, am I overthinking this entire thing or does it matter which path I take this late in the game?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]