FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stills location when working with Davinci server

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thibault carterot
Stills location when working with Davinci server
on Dec 8, 2013 at 9:13:00 pm

Hi,

I was wondering what was the best location for stills when you work with davinci server.

Do you keep it local or is it ok to put the stills on the davinci server (macmini in our studio)?...
Thanks

Config : Mac Pro 2010, 12x2,4Ghz, 32Go Ram, 2x690GTX,GT120, Decklink 3D+, RED Rocket, system on Crucial SSD 500, RAID FC 8gb Lacie 24To, CYCLONE PCI expander, Resolve 9.1.3

Return to posts index

Dan Moran
Re: Stills location when working with Davinci server
on Dec 9, 2013 at 10:00:49 am

Do you have shared Storage?

Our stills are located in a folder on our server called resolve_do_not_delete and then ./gallery which should be hidden on most peoples machines.

This allows me to open projects on any machine with all stills via the shared database. If they were saved locally this would show up as blank.

D

--

Dan Moran
Colourist
Smoke & Mirrors: London
http://www.danmorancolor.com/blog

Return to posts index

thibault carterot
Re: Stills location when working with Davinci server
on Dec 9, 2013 at 10:26:35 am

Hello Dan,

We use to work on an SAN but we get better performance with direct attached storage (double 8Gb fiber)

But we always have mirrors backups storage so we can use another unit to render or prepare the projects.
We just have to change the source location when we change units.

And we use a mac mini as server so we share projects.

So I was wondering if it's a good idea to use this mac mini to put the stills...

Config : Mac Pro 2010, 12x2,4Ghz, 32Go Ram, 3xTITAN,GT120, Decklink 3D+, RED Rocket, system on Crucial SSD 500, RAID FC 8gb Lacie 24To, CYCLONE PCI expander, Resolve 10.0.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]