FORUMS: list search recent posts

More whining about element mapping - CONTRAST AND OFFSET ON SAME PAGE!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
More whining about element mapping - CONTRAST AND OFFSET ON SAME PAGE!
on Dec 5, 2013 at 8:39:19 pm

I know that tangent element mapping has been beaten to death here, and everyone wants better mapping, BUT, one really important thing is to have some way to have master offset, contrast and pivot accessible at the same time. Using offset and contrast is really useful when grading in log, and really really frustrating when using the elements. The second row of knobs on the BK panel is currently contrast - pivot - nothing. This third knob which is currently mapped to nothing at all would be a perfect candidate for the master offset control.

Please BMD you are our only hope!

best-
Nat

p.s.
do not bother responding to this with suggestions to buy the full panel or suggesting that poor panel mappings for the element are a BMD scheme to sell more davinci panels, that has been discussed to death, and I don't want to open that up again :)

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: More whining about element mapping - CONTRAST AND OFFSET ON SAME PAGE!
on Dec 6, 2013 at 2:20:29 am
Last Edited By jake blackstone on Dec 6, 2013 at 2:22:30 am

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/277/27013
I asked about it almost two months ago...

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Dec 6, 2013 at 6:23:00 am
Last Edited By Paul Provost on Dec 7, 2013 at 8:39:38 pm

p.s.
The full bmd panels have this feature.
And the elements are intentionally hobbled.
(Sorry, I have a problem with authority.)

http://www.4Kfinish.com | owner-colorist | Hollywood, CA
http://www.facebook.com/4kFinish
Twitter 4kfinish

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Dec 6, 2013 at 11:02:48 pm

Despite quality issues and feel, the Wave is actually a faster/better panel in my opinion for Resolve than the beautiful Element, only because of how BM has mapped it

Return to posts index

Harris Charalambous
on Dec 7, 2013 at 12:57:56 pm

Resolve has come a long way since BMD purchased it, kudos to them!

That being said there are many things I still want from Resolve and BMD, but more than anything Third Party Mapping - specifically Element Mapping is a complete joke and needs to be fixed ASAP and I don't mean just adding offset to the A Side, I mean truly functional mapping that makes a colorists job more pleasant and efficient not frustrating and slow.

They love giving away features in the lite version but how about some real love to the people that supported them from the get go with the full version and still do! They intentionally say nothing and do nothing when it comes to mapping but will happily answer the most basic questions on their forums. That is truly great support, but isn't it about time this gets addressed once and for all!

Sorry to be so negative but these so called mapping improvements are just patronizing. I guess I have a problem with authority too :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]