FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting a correction from part of a shot not in xml

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Graham-Smith
Setting a correction from part of a shot not in xml
on Dec 4, 2013 at 10:09:06 am

I've got a ten minute, fast-paced sequence to grade that was shot around a Scottish island. Being where it is, it's typically got all four British seasons included: direct sunlight, overcast, fog and rain. The white balance in camera wasn't changed over the course of the shoot, so getting a consistent white in Resolve 10 is tricky, as the scenery is very green meaning I don't have much of a white/grey reference to go by.

However the slate is white, so I'm wondering if there's an easy way in the Color room of doing something like a match frame command, spooling back to the slate to correct white balance, then carrying on the grade on the part of the shot that's included in the xml?

Return to posts index

michael stirling
Re: Setting a correction from part of a shot not in xml
on Dec 4, 2013 at 12:12:43 pm

Sounds like you need to remote grade from a Master timeline first.
In 10 you need to create a Master when you start the project if you wish to grade this way, and you also have to select remote grading as local grades are now the default.

In the master timeline should be all you takes from the 1st frame (ie. the slate)- match all the slates by grading them as there is no color match function in Resolve like Speedgrade has.
Move to the edit timeline and select remote grading - all the grades from the Master will appear - copy remote grades to local (if you need to) and grade each shot from there.

M

Return to posts index

Adrian Graham-Smith
Re: Setting a correction from part of a shot not in xml
on Dec 4, 2013 at 3:06:50 pm

Cool, it's a bit convoluted but better than the workaround I'd imagined. Thanks, Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]