FORUMS: list search recent posts

Generate LuT in Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikolas Panteris
Generate LuT in Resolve
on Dec 3, 2013 at 11:24:21 am

Hi All,

This probably is something wrong with the settings or the process I am following but here's the case...

I have tested this with various footage (709, log, dpx, mxf... etc.) and 24/25 ACES, YUV all the possible combinations and on 3 different stations... all using resolve 10.00lite.073

I am getting bizarre results trying to use a LuT that I have created on Resolve using a grade.
When I apply the 3D LuT the image looks as it's been solarised and when I looked into the .cube file as a text I see a lot of 0.000000 values quite high on Red and Blue channels, which agrees with what I am seeing.
This is the same if I use the LuT on the node or in the Preferences.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance...

Nik

Return to posts index

Pedro Conforti
Re: Generate LuT in Resolve
on Jun 4, 2014 at 6:23:49 am

Hey Nik, I'm on the same boat as you... would there a good soul be around to the rescue? Or have you found the solution?

I have been trying to create a simple, primaries only LUT for ages, but it always gives me this bizarre inverted colors image when I try to apply it on Resolve.

This is what I am doing (with a single node, primaries only grading): Project Setting > Lookup Tables > Generate LUT From Current Grading

Can't understand why this doesn't work. I have been trying this apparently simple procedure since Resolve v9, with no sucess. Tried it on 3 macs with different GPUs..., and always the same result.

If someone can shed a light over this I'd be very grateful. It would help a lot - and also prevent me to go bananas over this!

Thanks,

Pedro

Pedro Conforti :: Colorist
pedroconforti.com
-----------------------

DaVinci Resolve
Mac Pro 8 core 2.26Ghz 48Gb RAM
OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion
GTX 570 2.5Gb (macvidcards) + GT120
Tangent Element
Decklink HD Extreme 3D

Return to posts index