FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve 10.0.1 released

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Chamberlain
DaVinci Resolve 10.0.1 released
on Dec 3, 2013 at 5:48:50 am

Hello all, we are pleased to announce the release of DaVinci Resolve 10.0.1 and its availability on the BMD support web site. There are Mac, Windows and Linux versions available for customers to download. For DaVinci Resolve Lite users the Mac and Windows Lite versions are also on the support site. These are no charge upgrades for customers.

There are a number of stability improvements included in this release for Mavericks and Windows 8.1 users and also a few UI improvements. The most important of which is the "Timeline Framerate selection" which has been moved from the Conform section of Project Settings to the Timeline Format section. Please set this prior to adding clips to the Media Pool.

There are also changes to some keyboard shortcuts (Bypass All Grades is now Shift + D), improvements to minimise noise when using Hue curves and Remote Grading now correctly supports timeline and offline wipe modes.

For DCP users there is also an option to name the composition for easyDCP renders and for XML and AAF round trip workflows there are a few optimisations to improve reliability. Further details are in the read me file.

We suggest for safety that you back up your database prior to upgrading but then upgrade as soon as practical.

Peter

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
Re: DaVinci Resolve 10.0.1 released
on Dec 3, 2013 at 11:39:39 am

What about the auto white balance discussed here: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/277/27806

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Dec 3, 2013 at 11:47:57 am

This is a small update to v10. The white balance request you have is in the list that we review often but as it didn't make it into v10 it was not on the list for this small update. We haven't forgotten this request.

Peter

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Dec 3, 2013 at 12:54:49 pm

So are we to think we will only see that in V11 and not before?

Return to posts index

Chad Terpstra
on Dec 3, 2013 at 5:07:15 pm

One of the more noteworthy updates to me is the the new ability to select Open CL vs CUDA processing. Is this in anticipation of using the new Mac Pro's AMD cards and/or ATI cards in general? This opens up a lot of possibilities for new hardware configurations. Any comments on the stability and speed AMD cards vs Nvidia?

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Dec 4, 2013 at 9:56:41 am

Well, as soon as the machines are in the streets, candle tests will run in.
I am sitting here ready to buy as soon as they are out.
Dont know if BMD has access to early models, but I bet they will optimize fo them cards as they are the new defacto standard.
Saying that, i am happy to announce I sold all my MacPro cards for a good price and the new thunderbolt ARC-5026 is a hell of a raid in a tiny box :)

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.0.0.073 , Smoke 2013 EXT
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Dec 4, 2013 at 10:20:23 am

[Sascha Haber] "they are the new defacto standard."

Not sure about that at all.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Dec 4, 2013 at 4:51:55 pm

[Sascha Haber] "Dont know if BMD has access to early models, "

My understanding from the Grant Petty releases around the time of the MacPro update is that they did and were "excited".

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]