FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi GPU support in Davinci 10 Lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damon Stea
Multi GPU support in Davinci 10 Lite
on Dec 1, 2013 at 10:46:07 pm

I have a few questions regarding the GPU compatibility on a Windows 8.1 system running Resolve Lite, and the appropriate monitoring solution to purchase.

I'm currently running DaVinci on a generic build, with a single GTX 760 2GB GPU. This is connected to an HP Dreamcolor monitor over DisplayPort, which allows 10-bit RGB output.

Also available, but not currently installed, is a 1920x1200 8-bit Dell monitor, and a GTX 570 1.28GB video card.

So the two questions are:

1) Can I use both GTX graphics cards in the same build, even though they are different models? If I can, will the total VRAM used be 3.28GB, or far less since the lowest common denominator is the GTX 570?

2) As far as I understand, I still need an additional monitoring solution even with 2GPUs - but I will be monitoring over either HDMI or DisplayPort. What is the lowest cost card or USB 3.0 monitoring solution from Blackmagic that would support this setup?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Multi GPU support in Davinci 10 Lite
on Dec 2, 2013 at 1:10:39 pm

Hi, use the 570 for UI GPU, connect to the Dell, the 760 for processing. Do not connect any monitors to the 760. If you can, purchase a Bmd SDI video card and a HDLink with display port output to connect to the dream color 10 bit monitor.

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]