FORUMS: list search recent posts

duplicating a timeline with handles

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aurie Anden
duplicating a timeline with handles
on Nov 27, 2013 at 6:28:42 pm

Hi all.

Recently migrated to Resolve v10. Great updates! I am however, missing a feature I need: "duplicate timeline with handles". Has the team removed this feature, or is it hiding somewhere else? You used to be able to right click on your timeline and find the option there. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Aurie

Return to posts index

Clark Bierbaum
Re: duplicating a timeline with handles
on Nov 27, 2013 at 8:34:53 pm

It's gone but still there, much better!

To set handles: Project Settings; Editing; Default Handle Length

In Color Tab: View; Show Current Clip With Handles. Can Select Multiple Clips to enable by shift clicking on them.

In Delivery Tab: Output Options; Add xxx Frame Handles. Individual Clip Render must be enabled.

Just used this yesterday and it works much better as clients can see cut and then I can extend tracking at any time!

As an aside, sure wish Auto Save was DEFAULT! Lost 3 hrs. b/c I was in a hurry at the beginning of the day and didn't set it up!

Clark Bierbaum
Color Grading / Post Consultant
GarnetColor.com
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

prathvish hegde
on Nov 28, 2013 at 7:19:37 am

if you have enabled handles in the setting does resolve track the handle length also when you track the shot or you have do that after the session is over.
it would be good if it tracked the handles too when the handles feature is enabled in the setting.

prathvish hegde
colorist
(DaVinci Resolve and 2Kplus)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRPJQ3fIEoojI3JMa4rHKb9gqq8VeIZ81

Return to posts index

Clark Bierbaum
on Nov 28, 2013 at 3:35:01 pm

If you, in Color Tab: View; Show Current Clip With Handles, then it will show entire clip and you can track it and the handles.

On the timeline display "Handles" will be lighted.

Make sure your handles length in Project Settings is greater than or equal to your desired settings in Delivery Tab Handles.

Some of my clients only want to see the edited in to out w/o handles so I normally do this after the main session but when working alone or with folks that don't get hung up on edit I will enable it.

Great improvement!

Now back to "always enabled" auto save.........

Clark Bierbaum
Color Grading / Post Consultant
GarnetColor.com
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

Aurie Anden
on Nov 29, 2013 at 7:53:13 am

thanks! that's so much help! :)

Actually I have a bit of a problem with the autosave function as well. I set it to autosave to a backup-project every 10 minutes. I crashed and lost some adjustments, so I went to the backup list to retrieve my lastest autosave and...there was nothing there. :( does anyone know where backup projects go?

aurie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]