FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve crash- project gone

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timo Teravainen
Resolve crash- project gone
on Nov 27, 2013 at 1:21:31 pm

I'm having a serious issue with Davinci Resolve 9.1.6. I'm using Davinci (full version) on a Windows 7 PC, it's been working great for a couple of years. Just a week ago I installed Windows and all programs from scratch.

Today Resolve has been a bit sluggish, and I've had two Blue Screens of Death, which I've almost never had before. It said they were caused by Blackmagic something so I decided to uninstall the 9.8 Desktop video, and roll back to 9.6.5 which has worked fine before. Next time when opening Resolve, the project I had been working on is gone. Nowhere to be found. Luckily I made a backup yesterday, but it looks like the whole days work is gone. WtF...? Yes I have autosave on but it doesn't help when the project doesn't exist anymore.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Timo Teravainen
Re: Resolve crash- project gone
on Nov 28, 2013 at 7:30:39 am

The crash report points to the BlackmagicUSB driver and I've read that some people have had BSOD crashes with the Desktop Video 9.8. in Windows. I will stay away from that version now.

In the future I'll do lots of project export backups to a separate harddrive, several times a day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]