FORUMS: list search recent posts

conforming multiple sequences from pre-conformed EDLS

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
conforming multiple sequences from pre-conformed EDLS
on Nov 26, 2013 at 10:07:21 pm

So I've always found that notching a single quicktime or DPX sequence into a timeline works fine, but only if you only have one shot in your master media pool. I've never known if this bug was a bug or a feature. I frequently get reels of a film delivered to me as a single element with an EDL to notch it.

My work around is to use a separate project to prep each reel and then export an XML of that reel when its done, delete it and export a new one, etc. Then I create a fresh project and import all my XMLs.

Needless to say, this seems unnecessarily complicated. There must be a better way? Suggestions?

And yes I'm aware that the traditional workflow would have been to use a separate project for every reel, and just use the power grades tray to share grades, but I don't want to do that, I want all my timelines for all reels in a single project.

Thanks in advance.
best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
Re: conforming multiple sequences from pre-conformed EDLS
on Nov 27, 2013 at 2:54:16 am

You only run into issues, as far as I know, if your reels don't have unique timecode.

I'm currently working on TV show that was exported in Acts from the full timeline with an EDL for each... Each EDL only affects the media that matches the TC. Also cool, I only needed one reference file, Resolve syncs the Reference based on TC tot he correct portion of the show, so that's pretty cool...

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow

Return to posts index

Dan Moran
on Nov 27, 2013 at 9:22:38 am

Its actually super easy now.

Add a Bin/Folder for each clip that you want to pre conform and place the flattened clip in the correct bin.

Now when you load EDLs in it will ask you which bin you would like to use. Pick the one you want.

Done and only takes about 5 seconds!

--

Dan Moran
Colourist
Smoke & Mirrors: London
http://www.danmorancolor.com/blog

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Nov 28, 2013 at 7:53:59 am

Fantastic, glad to know theres a way to do this easily now, great news! Thanks Dan!
-Nat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]