FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci 9 use local grades DANGER!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew sableton
Davinci 9 use local grades DANGER!
on Nov 26, 2013 at 7:05:57 pm

200 shots in and I right click a shot to choose "wipe timeline clip" to split screen a shot for comparison. I don't use this method often but sometimes it is useful..... A big menu of almost 20 items appears and I accidently select "Use Local Grades". Instantly all of my grades disappear from my timeline and "Undo" does not bring them back!

I quickly log out of the project and choose "Do not Save Changes" and save most of my work. I wonder if this unfortunately dangerous but easy to make mistake has been improved in version 10?

AS

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
Re: Davinci 9 use local grades DANGER!
on Nov 26, 2013 at 8:08:16 pm

Hi Andrew,

You can switch back to "use remote grades," so you wouldn't have lost all your work. However when you switch back every clip will be set to "version 1" so if you use many versions as you work, it still might take a horribly long time to reset them all.

But yes, we all work one accidental click away from this catastrophe. I put in a request for a confirmation dialogue box at least, but best case would be that it switches back to the last version set on the clip.

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on Nov 26, 2013 at 8:24:35 pm

I was already on local grades..... then selecting "Use Local Grades" after having graded half my sequence deleted every grade I had made.

S

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Nov 26, 2013 at 11:34:13 pm

I hate when that happens. There are a handful of situations where Undo can't work, because it's a shot-by-shot Undo related to the Master timeline, not always a session-wide Undo.

It's true that there are some fatal steps you can do that will result in catastrophe. If you're lucky, you'll only make these mistakes once and live another day.

Return to posts index

John Sellars
on Nov 28, 2013 at 2:38:59 am

Time Machine. Most you'll lose is an hour of work…

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]