FORUMS: list search recent posts

In Camera Audio Out of Sync in Resolve 9

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Edwards
In Camera Audio Out of Sync in Resolve 9
on Nov 26, 2013 at 2:13:06 am

I have a full version of Resolve 9 and am relatively new to the software. It was working fine for my first few projects, but now suddenly, in my last two projects, the in-camera audio is a full TWO SECONDS out of sync? What is going on here and what can I do to fix it?

The weird thing is, I play the footage (shot in 2.5K RAW) back from the SSD in the Blackmagic cinema camera and all is well, totally in sync. Get it into Resolve, and everything goes haywire, no matter how many times I import, re-import, shut down the program, etc.

I recall that in some window somewhere, there was an option to offset the audio by however many frames you choose, which I did, but it never had any effect.

I'm on a tight deadline and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: In Camera Audio Out of Sync in Resolve 9
on Nov 26, 2013 at 2:29:22 am

I just did a project last month where we had reference audio come up in a Blackmagic design camera, and it came up fine in Resolve 9. We wound up not using it because all the sound was recorded separately, but it was at least there.

Is it possible to slip the audio in conform and just manually force it to be in sync?

Return to posts index

Steve Edwards
on Nov 26, 2013 at 3:05:37 am

Thanks, I tried that. The Slip command slipped the audio and video together, not the audio independently.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Nov 26, 2013 at 11:41:09 pm

[Steve Edwards] "The Slip command slipped the audio and video together, not the audio independently."
Is there a way to split the embedded WAV audio away from the BMD files and just treat it as a separate media import?

I assume there was no separate audio recorder used on the set. Sadly, it's for reasons like this that I always, always tell people to record double-system audio on all these shoots, particularly with unpredictable cameras.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]