FORUMS: list search recent posts

RedRocket scaling workflow

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
RedRocket scaling workflow
on Nov 21, 2013 at 9:33:37 pm

I'm dong a job shot on epic @ 5K and it seems to me that the grades are being applied upstream of the scaling. In other words, even though my timeline is 1080p, and I should be scaling down to 1080p via the RedRocket card, it seems that the grades are being applied to the 5K shots in other words the GPU must do the image processing at 5K which slows the system to a crawl.

Is that how resolve always handles R3D? Is there anyway to scale down to 1080p on input via the rocket hardware like you can in scratch?

best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

Ian de Brí
Re: RedRocket scaling workflow
on Nov 21, 2013 at 9:47:44 pm

I can get 9 nodes of blur in 1920x1080 timeline at 25fps on 5k epic using quarter debayer without a rocket. (4.5fps with 5k timeline)
Surely the rocket will work the same way or better?

DaVinci Resolve 10.0.0, FCS3, FCPX
MacPro5,1, 2x2.93 32GB, Software Raid
NVIDIA Quadro 4000/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+, Tangent Wave,
Flanders Scientific LM-2461W

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: RedRocket scaling workflow
on Nov 22, 2013 at 2:58:59 am
Last Edited By Juan Salvo on Nov 22, 2013 at 3:28:00 am

Rocket doesn't do 5K in RT. You get about 18fps. The debayer quality determines the res. full res debayer will spit out a full res image then resolve scales down on input. Set it to half res premium debayer and you'll be dealing with much more manageable 2.5K frames.

http://JuanSalvo.com
http://theColourSpace.com

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
Re: dRocket scaling workflow
on Nov 22, 2013 at 5:05:01 am

It seems that different software platforms access the rocket hardware differently. The rocket card has the ability to do a high quality hardware based downscale to lower resolution so that you can debayer at full/full and scale down via hardware to a resolution of your choice. This is different than doing a half res debayer. At least that's how it works in scratch. It seems that resolve doesn't have the capability to use the hardware scaling on the rocket is that correct? Also I interested that resolve allows you to decode at less than full / full debayer quality settings which I have not seen on other platforms... I was under the impression that output of the rocket was always full quality debayer... Mysterious.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]