FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem importing XML from DR 10 Lite to Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Putnam
Problem importing XML from DR 10 Lite to Premiere Pro CC
on Nov 21, 2013 at 12:34:37 am

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Resolve 10 Lite and graded my first project. No problem exporting the XML from Premiere and importing to Resolve. Finished rendering my project and exported an XML from the Edit room. Tried to import back to Premiere Pro CC and get this message:

The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened.

Looking at the path of the file it's trying to open, it is trying to open the prproj of the XML from User/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/*projectname.prproj. Not knowing entirely how the different software manage these different steps, it seems like it shouldn't be looking at that location for the file anyway.

What am I doing wrong? There aren't really any options on the XML export process from Resolve, or on the import side in Premiere. Has anyone been successful in round-tripping with the new version of Resolve?

All software is updated to latest version, and running OSX 10.8.5 with latest Cuda firmware.

Thanks,
Phil

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
Re: Problem importing XML from DR 10 Lite to Premiere Pro CC
on Nov 21, 2013 at 3:11:26 pm

Hi Philip,

We just ran into this yesterday on our first R10 round-trip to Premiere. The resolve XML failed to open in 5.5 or CC.

Not a great solution, but we imported into FCP7, copied the clips into a new sequence, and exported a new XML from that. I can't say what effects might be lost in this workaround, but it seemed to cover our relatively simple timeline.

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

Philip Putnam
on Nov 21, 2013 at 5:50:43 pm

Thanks Kevin, I was hoping to avoid that step, but it seems like the only option at this point. I did have to do that with the beta version, I guess I was optimistic that they would have fixed it for the full release. Fairly frustrating as I have several short projects to grade, and it does require me to reassemble some shots. Thanks for the tip.

My current main complaints with 10 are the XML roundtrip, and related problem with not importing my 60p footage properly. I thought that would have been fixed in this version too. Maybe it's time to take a look at Speedgrade again. But I love grading in Resolve. I'm just not convinced I'll get the same results in Speedgrade, though I know my workflow life will be much simpler.

Philip Putnam
MediaPOP
Creative • Marketing • Production

Return to posts index

Todd Gill
on Nov 23, 2013 at 12:23:27 am

Hey I found this on the adobe community forums. I just checked it and it seemed to work. I'm not sure if it will carry across the info like an XML does, but I did notice that the dissolve I had on there did come back across from resolve, but it was reversed. http://forums.adobe.com/message/5501235

Todd Gill
Editor.Colorist
Digital Post Ink
http://www.digitalpostink.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]