FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci > Vegas Pro - which mxf format?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcel Steuermann
Davinci > Vegas Pro - which mxf format?
on Nov 20, 2013 at 7:53:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I just tried out several mxf-formats of the Davinci 10 deliver section for creating a roundtrip with vegas.

Surprisingly I had to find out that none of the MXFs are working when reimported into Vegas Pro. I know that quite a few people use that format, also for roundtripping, and so I wonder where the problem is.

Most of all I was surprised that the MXF XDCAM MPEG 2 file was simply not accepted by Vegas when I tried to import it into the project manager.

The MXF Sony MPEG4 422 (all versions) didn´t work as well. I could import them, but the thumbnail and the preview, when on timeline, simply show pure dark green. So Sony is not working in Sony Vegas Pro???

So what´s wrong? Is my system missing some codecs maybe?

Thank you very much for your help or explainations.

Return to posts index

michael stirling
Re: Davinci > Vegas Pro - which mxf format?
on Nov 22, 2013 at 3:11:03 pm

I know Vegas is happy with DNxHD so that might be a way forward.

M

Return to posts index

Marcel Steuermann
Re: Davinci > Vegas Pro - which mxf format?
on Nov 22, 2013 at 3:44:26 pm

Thanks Michael,

unfortunately Sony Vegas, or at least MY Sony Vegas, does not accept the DnxHD mxf files created by DV. It simply doesn´t import it. Am I the only one?

For creating a vegas-DV-roundtrip, I already tried the DnxHd in movs, but Sony Vegas, or at least MY bloody Sony Vegas, stopped handling these movs (like rewrapped movs or cineformHD movs etc...) when the File I/O surrogate.exe reaches approx. 800.000 k. Apparently a common problem for some Vegas users regarding certain older threads. Furthermore, I know that some users can use DnxHD movs in Vegas!

A nerve wrecking subject for me...any new ideas for Sony-DV-workflow? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]