FORUMS: list search recent posts

DAVINCI RESOLVE 10 lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Cooper
DAVINCI RESOLVE 10 lite
on Nov 18, 2013 at 11:46:31 pm

I am having problems with Davinci Lite playing .wav files in my 23.976 Resolve project.
On the EDIT page, The audio meters are moving but can't hear any sound coming out of my Decklink 4k card.

It only plays camera audio in the COLOR page mode.
Problem is i'm trying to sync in EDIT page but i can't hear any audio.

I imported the same .wav audio into a 29.97 test project in Resolve and the .wav's play fine.

Is this a glitch with Version of Resolve?????

Thanks

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: DAVINCI RESOLVE 10 lite
on Nov 19, 2013 at 1:57:17 pm

Hi, I'm confused about your report. I'm trying to understand if it's a sync workflow issue or bug.
In v10 you need to sound sync in the media pool.

Is the audio you are referring to recorded separately to the camera? I'm assuming so.
If you play it in the media pool, without syncing to the video, can you see the Vu indication and hear it?
Same if you place the clip in the timeline, can you see the Vu and hear the audio?,
Same in the deliver page?

If so it's looking like a workflow issue. Sync the audio and video in the media pool and then add clips to the timeline.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.
Peter

Return to posts index

Jeff Cooper
on Nov 20, 2013 at 1:02:16 pm

Hi Peter,

I have camera audio that is embedded with the video.
Then i have audio that the sound that the audio guy recorded which are .wav.

My problem is I can play the .wav files in the source window of the EDIT page. When i play them i can see the VU meters jumping, but can not hear the audio.

I created a test project at 29.97 in Resolve and imported the same .wav files and they play fine.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Nov 21, 2013 at 10:06:10 am

Ok, so if you have a Decklink card configured in your preferences, for the grading monitor, the audio should come out of that same card synced with the video. If you have a card configured with no audio connected that could be the issue. Try deselection in preferences to see if the audio becomes available on the computer speaker, assuming you have them.

Or it could be the one of the many mute buttons is selected.
M in edit VU meters or color page.
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]